Can my Strymon Timeline be midi linked with my Kemper ?

• Hello everyone, I am trying to figure out whether or not I can link my Strymon Timeline pedal to my Kemper via midi to change presets, I've successfully linked my Eventide H9 pedal and I'm trying to figure out if this can be done with my Timeline as-well. I've followed the Kemper video tutorial but it doesn't explicitly explain how to do it with a second pedal

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• That is essentially what I'm trying to do, but I'm completely new to the concept of midi and having only just purchased the Kemper I know just as little about that too 8o. Connecting them as you say is as far as I have got. My next task is getting the H9 to communicate with the timeline too so that when the Kemper changes the preset on the H9 (which I have managed to achieve 8)) the preset on the timeline also changes.

• I would set the H9 as device 1 and timeline as device 2 and send the relevant data (such as program change numbers) to each

From the manual:

“Transmitting MIDI Commands to Two External Devices in Performance Mode

MIDI commands can be triggered and transmitted to external devices (maximum 2), whenever a Slot gets loaded in Performance Mode. You can, for instance, use this to switch presets, or to control parameters, of effects devices by other manufacturers that are connected to the effect loop of the PROFILER.

✓As soon as you select MIDI THRU to transmit MIDI commands by Slot the PROFILER will stop forwarding incoming MIDI data to the MIDI THRU.

Transmitting Pedal Controllers for Morphing, Wah, Volume, and Pitch to Two External Devices

The four pedal controllers for Morphing (control change #11), Wah (control change #1), Volume (control change #7), and Pitch (control change #4) can also be sent via MIDI to those two external devices configured on the “Perform Mode: MIDI” page in System Settings. This works even if the expression pedals are connected to the PROFILER directly, or to the PROFILER Remote. To enable this feature please select the “Pedals to MIDI” option in System Settings.

MIDI 276

• In System Settings, navigate to “Performance Mode: MIDI” page. Please note that this page is only accessible in

Performance Mode.

• Use the soft knobs to assign a MIDI channel to each of the external devices.

• Use soft buttons to determine whether the corresponding external devices are connected to MIDI OUT or MIDI

THRU. The MIDI THRU is not available at PROFILER Stage.

• For your convenience, you can also assign meaningful names to the two external devices using soft buttons.

• Press “Edit, “Slot Settings” > “MIDI Settings”, then select the MIDI program change numbers associated with the currently loaded Slot. Repeat this step for every Slot you intend to send MIDI program changes from.”

• Thanks Alan. OMG this stuff is mind blowing, Might take me a day or so to decipher this information. So far I have managed to achieve getting both pedals to perform program changes with as you suggest, the H9 as device 1 and the Timeline as device 2. Now onto learning about setting up the cc# stuff and what it is actually used for.

Martin.