The Kemper Foot Controller: Evolution

• Too c.kemper
    It would be great to program it by software. The patches and tab on the lower row and fx and tuner on the upper row.
    My set up will be:

One Performance for Rock and one for Metal.
    The patches will be Clean/Rhythm and Lead.

So for me it´s not Important to have the first switch to start a song.

What are the plans to switch the effect section?

Greatings

• Not had a chance to go through all the posts here so apologies if its been suggested, but here is something I'd like....a wireless footpedal, maybe through a midi dongle in the back of the amp....now that would be brilliant. Make the footswitch rechargeable and bam!

• Not had a chance to go through all the posts here so apologies if its been suggested, but here is something I'd like....a wireless footpedal, maybe through a midi dongle in the back of the amp....now that would be brilliant. Make the footswitch rechargeable and bam!

I think you mean wifi dongle. But regardless, I don't think that's possible at this point.

• Another topic:
    As mentioned, we support the "pending" selection of Performances already.
    That means you can preselect a new performance, while you still play the recent rig.
    Only by pressing one of the five Slot buttons a new rig is selected.

There is a option to that, by selecting "Performance Autoload" in the System menu.
    Then Slot 1 is loaded whenever you change a Performance.
    Is anyone using this mode?

Now that's the one I want to talk about.
    I had the chance to talk to two pro's over the weekend, and they liked the way it was with an earlier firmware:
    When Performance Autoload is highlighted, it loaded the actual slot of the next performance, not Slot 1.
    That means, when Slot 4 is selected of Performance 2, you will load Slot 4 of Performance 3.

I want to change the "Autoload" to the latter method.
    Is there anyone out there that have an objection if we change this Autoload rule?

• Yes, I do.

Yes, the latter method is much better to me, too. Please change it. ;)

• CK I'm not using the "performance autoload" feature so either way it won't effect me. :)

• Since many users (and me) don't use performance-mode this way (though,as it is supposed to be used) it would be more flexible to stay on the active slot-number when switching performances.

But also for those like me it should be ok with either options concerning switch-positions.:thumbup:

• I use the performance mode with one performance pr song. So when I click "next" I want slot 1 to be autoenabled. I always have my first sound in slot 1. I really don't understand the benefits of the latter method? If the pedal don't support autoload on slot1 it's a "show stopper" for me. Then I have to press two buttons for each song change.

Why can't you have all three? "autload-off", "autoload-slot1 and "autoload-latter"?

• As I mostly work by songs the autoload slot 1 is better for my use, but I can see the benefit of the latter option if you work your performances by amps. So, if it's possible, having both autoload options would be great.

• As I mostly work by songs the autoload slot 1 is better for my use, but I can see the benefit of the latter option if you work your performances by amps. So, if it's possible, having both autoload options would be great.

So in latter mode, you will have for instance all your crunch sounds on slot 3? That sounds interesting, but this sounds like a improvement of the "browse mode" concept, not the "performance mode" concept :)

• When Performance Autoload is highlighted, it loaded the actual slot of the next performance, not Slot 1.
    That means, when Slot 4 is selected of Performance 2, you will load Slot 4 of Performance 3.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

• I use performance mode for each song, e.g. with, say : intro s1, verse s2, bridge s3, solo s4' outro s5.

When necessary I use a simple up down foot-switch connected to the KPA to minimise my stage footprint, so auto load s1 is the only thing that makes sense for me in that situation.

By all means provide other menu alternatives, but auto load s1 seems to me to be the only logical default.

Thanks,
    Paul

• Would be interesting to hear from guys who prefer "latter" setting how they use Performance mode and what would be the benefit of this setting for them.

Yes, it would be enlightning.

So in latter mode, you will have for instance all your crunch sounds on slot 3? That sounds interesting, but this sounds like a improvement of the "browse mode" concept, not the "performance mode" concept :)

This is what I think ATM. Ready to change my mind tho.

Also, I don't see - by the way i use performances - a limit in pressing two buttons, since i'd typically do it between songs. But it's always good (and necessary) to identify oneself in others' needs :)