The Kemper Foot Controller: Evolution

• Well, 6 1\4" sockets do not imply 6 expression pedals: you might plug in switches as well, as we have said early in this thread. Of course, let's hope for the highest versatility and the smartest implementation :)

Well, we know that there can be at least four expression pedals and I'd hate to see those two at the back of the Kemper going to waste ;)

Pre-amp volume, post-amp volume, wah, pitch shifter, delay time, gain control

See, six great reasons to have six expression pedals ^^

• I may be too dumb to get that, but if we could plug the guitar into the Kemper Remote, that would either mean, that the KR has to have a A/D converter built in (which I doubt it has - too expensive) or that the precious signal of the guitar would be transferred into the KPA via an ethernet cable. The latter option can be ruled out (soundwise). The first version is unlikely. So I expect the KR to be what it is supposed to be: a footswitch matched for the KPA - no less.

• I may be too dumb to get that, but if we could plug the guitar into the Kemper Remote, that would either mean, that the KR has to have a A/D converter built in (which I doubt it has - too expensive) or that the precious signal of the guitar would be transferred into the KPA via an ethernet cable. The latter option can be ruled out (soundwise). The first version is unlikely. So I expect the KR to be what it is supposed to be: a footswitch matched for the KPA - no less.

....Although that WOULD make for a more... "Remote" remote....

i was thinking also at an output plug, not about sending the signal via ethernet.
    this could be useful if Like me your kemper is usually far from the position in the stage and I cannot plug the Guitar straight to the kemper...

• Well, we know that there can be at least four expression pedals and I'd hate to see those two at the back of the Kemper going to waste ;)
    Pre-amp volume, post-amp volume, wah, pitch shifter, delay time, gain control
    See, six great reasons to have six expression pedals ^^

You morbid guy :D
    The question would be: how many times would you use all these functions in the same rig? 8o

:)

• Wouldn't something like that be possible already with the Wah Pedal Booster stomp in any of slots A-D combined with the regular volume pedal post-amp?

I don't see any way of having an expression pedal controlled volume boost pre stomps at the same time as the same post amp. The manual says "With the Wah Pedal Booster, you can use the Wah Pedal to control the volume, instead of having to use a dedicated volume pedal. The parameters are identical to the “Volume Pedal” parameters." which sounds like you could use that.....but at the expense of the wah pedal.

With FCB Uno4Kemper though, perhaps that means the left exp pedal could be used pre, the right exp pedal post and a pedal plugged directly into the Kemper as the wah itself?

Can anyone confirm? That would be great....

Happy to pull this into a new and separate thread if that makes more sense?

Cheers,
    Andy

• i was thinking also at an output plug, not about sending the signal via ethernet.
    this could be useful if Like me your kemper is usually far from the position in the stage and I cannot plug the Guitar straight to the kemper...

You can make that a Feature Request for the Kemper II's controller. The hardware design for this one was announced as finalized earlier in this thread, and there was no mention of any analog guitar audio interface in the Remote.

prsgary is right on target - wireless works great. :)

• Pedalboard Wizard, verse one, me likes

Matti

• With FCB Uno4Kemper though, perhaps that means the left exp pedal could be used pre, the right exp pedal post and a pedal plugged directly into the Kemper as the wah itself?

Can anyone confirm? That would be great....

My FCB1010 is at the rehearsal space right now so I can't try this, but yes, this is what I meant and in theory it should work (but, as you point out, at the expense of having a Wah in that rig).

And yes, the idea is that your expression pedal is used as an additional volume pedal through the Wah Pedal Booster stomp.

Having two "actual" volume pedals would be a mild violation of midi logic since there is only one CC#7, the controller used by convention to control volume.

Edit -- Sorry, I seem to have misread your question -- your main point was about using a third expression pedal, plugged into the Kemper, to control the Wah. Can't answer that, sorry... Maybe you could define it as a pitch pedal and activate the pitch pedal to wah function, but I don't know if that would work.

• Robrecht - it seems that the direct connect is designed to work for Wah effects "Pedals and switches (7) You can connect a variety of pedals and switches to control several functions. Pedal #2 is the volume pedal by default. When you connect a foot switch, use the parameters in System mode to assign that pedal to perform a variety of functions. Pedal #1 defaults to the control of Wah-type effects."

But if the Wah Pedal Booster 'highjacks' the Wah pedal function (looks like it does) then even using a pedal plugged directly into the Kemper and assigned to pitch.....with the pitch pedal to wah....should only activate the volume as the wah pedal booster has been assigned to volume - my head hurts!!

I don't have a separate expression pedal to test it but if anyone else could confirm that would be fantastic :)

Cheers,
    Andy

PS - I was going to say that I have a Budwah pedal that I love and wouldn't mind just plugging in front of the Kemper....but that would get messy as I use a Line 6 G30 wireless unit and don't want to drag that off the Kemper onto the floor by the FCB, into a Wah pedal, and then a long cable into the Kemper :(

• Boys and girls. There is nothing you can do now about remote now ;) If remote could sing it would perform Dream Theater's "(Take me) As I am" ;)

To those who understand, I extend my hand
    To the doubtful I demand, take me as I am
    Not under your command, I know where I stand
    I won't change to fit your plan, Take me as I am

:D

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Presently, on the FCB 1010, I use the left pedal for pre stomp vol, and the right for pitch control. Also, I use a separate exp pedal for wah, but just discovered the wah ring modulator, for variable speed rotary effect, with the exp pedal, which is very cool! I definitely can see using four exp pedals, especially if other effect parameters can be assigned in the upcoming 3.0 firmware.