The Kemper Foot Controller: Evolution

• It's "out of stock".Shipping to USA was "cero", and tax was removed, total 509 dollars, I was creating the account and after that, it was "not available". Anybody with more info?

• I ordered it anyway as I can always cross reference my early bird. Hedging my bets if you like!

It's "out of stock".Shipping to USA was "cero", and tax was removed, total 509 dollars, I was creating the account and after that, it was "not available". Anybody with more info?

It seems that they closed down the order form. It may look like they made a "mistake" with exposing the order button. I think they will let all the early bird people order first...

• It's in the kemper store as a preorder but nothing about shipping to U.S? Also says April...well I guess that screws me for awhile. lol Gonna have to waste money on an alternative until then.

Fortunately for you, there will be many used controllers available for sale :D

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• If I had no foot controller, then the Kemper Remote would be first on my list, and I have signed on the early bird list, in hopes of a discount.
    However, here is some food for thought:
    To physically compare the new Remote to the FCB1010, at first glance, it looks smaller, lighter, RJ45 cable connect( instead of 1 or 2 midi cables, and an AC cable).
    However, given the price, I am now "on the fence"!
    Since I am already using an FCB and a Moog EP-3, for one of the pedal inputs in the rear( which I find to be a great $40 exp pedal!), I decided to compare dimensions and weight. The bottom line in this comparison, is that after I add 2 Moog EP-3s(for an equal comparison of 2 exps that ARE built into the FCB), the FCB is 27" wide, and the Remote w/ 2 EP-3s (1" separated from each other) is 25.5" wide.
    The FCB weighs 9.55lbs. The Remote w/ 2 Moog EP-3s weighs 10.7 lbs.
    SO, the footprints are within 1.5 inches of each other, and the Remote w/ 2 pedals weighs over 1 lb. more. My FCB uses a stock chip, and I have programmed it to act like the Remote does, EXCEPT I will NOT have access to the looper function, as with the Remote.
    Kemper is very smart to have the looper's access exclusive to the new Remote, cause in my case, it will be the only significant difference.
    __ I use one midi, and 1 AC cable - so the single RJ45 cable is no big deal for me.
    __ Many folks do not like the FCB's EXP pedals, although I have had very good experiences using them, with every few months or so, having to re calibrate them.
    __ the Remote does have a more meaningful display, but I have easily memorized PC #s, so far.
    So, now I have to ask myself, do I want to buy a $600 - 30 second stereo looper? Of course, I can buy a separate looper much cheaper to do this, but I then increase my footprint!
    Now if we "early bird adopters" get a significant discount, then it is a tougher decision, although I would have to spend an additional $80, for two more Moog pedals, cause I am using 3 exp pedals presently.

I am staying on the list, in case there are a lot more advantages revealed, before the Remote's shipment. However, in keeping with my "less GAS means more guitar playing" New Year's resolution, for now, I think my used $80 FCB, and new $40 Moog EP-3 will do everything I want with my Kemper.

• Sensible post. Why not stay on your board then?

• I know a lot of people are saying that kemper is wise to lock down the looper to their controller. I disagree. The standard Apple/Microsoft method of trying to lock consumers into their ecosystem is a frustrating and counter-productive business process. I switched to android bc i was sick of needing to use the bloated iTunes that constantly requires updates to load music on my phone. I am surprised by this move by Kemper. Their MIDI support is beautiful to me - use a public standard to access virtually any parameter in the unit, so any manufacturer could access those features and let consumers choose the product that best fits their needs. Maybe theres a technical rather than business reason for accessing the looper. Otherwise i take this as the first step down a dark road.

Sensible post. Why not stay on your board then?

Thanks, and yes, mainly because there is little reward for reselling floor controllers(or most electronics), and now I find I have collected 2 FCB1010s, 1 Roland FC200, 1 Roland FC300, and an older Roland FC100.
    In fact, my New Year's resolve is to utilize what I have, as long as it gets me where I wish to be.
    Go deep, not wide! Less GAS, and more woodshedding!!!
    But I must say, the Remote looks exceptional!!! Quite tempting.