Anyone using a tube preamp going into the Kemper?

• Just curious to see if anyone's trying this. I heard of one person who has done this by putting a Kingsley pedal (don't know which one) into the Kemper and he said he really liked it. He said it really gave him more of a tube amp vibe. Anyone else having similar results? Thanks!

• There is a difference with using one compared to normal analogue clean boost/overdrive. I use a dickinson d1

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

other pedals i have sound under a blanket compared to it. It sounds amazing. I A/B the shit out of it with normal pedals and the kemper overdrives and its the best. I also highly recommend going into a tube amp power section aswell for best feel.

using this method i have got the kemper to sound and FEEL as close to an amp as possible.

when you profile the kemper gets you 95% and this method gives you another 3%. There is a reason lots of pros use the fractal into tube amp return live, and kemper is the same. But you have to try for yourself because everyone hears and feels different. For me best result is

tube pedal>kemper di profile>tube power section>suhr reactive load>two notes cab ir loader>york audio irs

• I have no doubt someone is using a tube preamp, claiming to adds missing warmth.

To me defeats to objective.

Using pedals though is a different kettle of fish and many people like to add their pedals. Personally I've always used tube amp gain/distortion/drive so have no need for them.

As a result, DonPetersen 's comment is very powerful....if you liked pedals with valve amps, you are likely to like them with the KPA.