New tune, Repeat after me

• Hi there, this is a new ambient tune i wrote tonight. I've used lots and lots of reverb and tremolo. The chorus parts are the TAF - Blue Ton Cr 2 profile and the ambient clean parts are the TAF - BS Art15 Clean profile with some added reverb and tremolo. Both patches are jsut tweaked stock profiles. The drums and bass are EZdrummer and EZbass. All the synth type parts are just the kemper reverbs.

https://www.reverbnation.com/j…/33035399-repeat-after-me

• Per Thank you so much, when i starter recording i didn't know where it was going to go but i like how it turned out. I just pan guitars left and right, again getting the big space feel on the track is just luck ?

• If someone told me this track was on Passion and Warfare, I would totally believe it. Another awesome one man! I keep wanting to do something that really shows off the Kemper but have not written anything I like for that purpose yet. This track is a great tech demo as well as being a great song.

• If someone told me this track was on Passion and Warfare, I would totally believe it. Another awesome one man! I keep wanting to do something that really shows off the Kemper but have not written anything I like for that purpose yet. This track is a great tech demo as well as being a great song.

RosboneMako Thank you so much for your great comments although i think Steve Vai might have something to say about that ?.

To be honest i generally just record what comes into my head, allot of the time i'll just use the profile that i'm enjoying using at that time as that's usually what inspired the original idea. Most of the time i just get the basic idea down then layer guitar parts and differen't profiles to suit. It doesn't always work but i always have fun doing it. I'd say just start recording with your go to profiles and take it from there. I'm looking forward to hearing some of your ideas.

• Great tune Joe, indeed great ballad with lots of space and width. Very good to listen and close to radio ready (as soon as you add the cool vocals... you know my claim 8o).

While I super much like the overall sound I am a bit surprised that in some rare cases the lead tone kinda dies before the end of the tone (or vice versa, difficult to describe, tone endings are rather fizzy there).

Anyway, well done as always Joe :thumbup:8)

• While I super much like the overall sound I am a bit surprised that in some rare cases the lead tone kinda dies before the end of the tone (or vice versa, difficult to describe, tone endings are rather fizzy there).

deadman42 Thanks for your great comments.

There are 2 things that relate the comment above, the first is my lack of skill as a lead guitar player and the second is the that fact that the profile is absolutely drenched in a really deep reverb but this issue is probably more down to my first point ? That and the "That'll do for now" attitude i generally have for any of my lead parts as they are the last thing i do when i record a tune. ?

• My favorites parts of your songs is the drum fill leading to the intro. I don't find it easy to do while keeping it unique to each new song. You do this very well.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.