Kemper Stage: Any way to use a return as a second input?

• So I have a wireless mounted beneath my board but I only really use it occasionally on certain gigs. I currently have a standalone A/B switch on top of my board but I was wondering if there's a way I could use of the returns as the input for that? Is there anything particularly special going on at the 'input' stage and via the actual input that would be reason not to do this?

Any help would be great!

• I sometimes use a return as a 2nd input for the piezo pickup in my PRS P22 and Hollowbody II. It works well using Parallel Path so that the Front Input goes through the Stack section but the Piezo doesn’t.

What's your setup for that? Having a brain cramp here and I have a renewed need for piezo on my P22.:)

• I have a double cable with two regular TS plugs. One to Mag output(M) and on to Piezo output (P)

M goes to front Input of KPA. P goes to KPA Return.

Stomp A has Loop FX loaded with no send only the return from P.

In this scenario turning on Stomp A kills M and gives P.

However, if you also activate Parallel Path then you get P plus one FX in Stomp B along with M full signal path from Stomp C to Rev block.

• Thanks Alan!

I'll give that a go tonight. How does it sound with the Kabinet?

• This runs through the amp and cabinet doing it this way, correct? If there was a way to do this and have it bypass the amp, that would be interesting. It would get me most of the way to the solution that was the reason I bought an FM9. I couldn't think up a way to make this work with the Kemper.

• no. The magnetic pickups run through the amp and cabinet but the piezo doesn’t.

I am definitely going to have to play with this a bit. I wonder if there is a way to get the Piezo to run the effects loop too? I could put an IR player in there with an acoustic IR in it. That would do what I would like to do.

EDIT:

I just reread your post on how you hook this up. It looks like I could get one of those new mini IR players and put it in line and run it to the return and get what I am looking for....