Kemper PowerHead and Kember Cabinet connections

• Dear all,

I have got my kember cabinet today. My aim to use it for my personal satisfaction at my home.

Which connections that I should use ? from Speaker Out to cabinet ? or from Monitor Out to cabinet ?

What are the differencies between speaker or monitor out ?

If I use Speaker out which settings I must use in the Kemper powerhead ( in output section or somewhere else )?

If I use Monitor out which settings I must use in the kemper powerhead (in output section or somewhere else) ?

As My kemper is powered , I dont want to break anything or burn anything ,

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

• Speaker Out and Monitor Out are identical signals in term of sound but Monitor Out is designed to connect to an amplifier or powered speaker (including Powered Kemper Kabinet) while Speaker Out is a much higher voltage and should only be connected to a passive speaker (such as the Passive Kemper Kabinet.

Never connect Speaker Out to an amplifier input.

If you are using monitor out you need a regular instrument cable.

If you are using Speaker Out you need a proper Speaker Cable. Don’t use an instrument cable on the Speaker Output as the high voltage can melt the cable and cause a short that will blow your amp.

• Thank you for your answers.

Then i will use speaker out with red ring around back of kemper power head .

I have two additional question:

1) I couldnt understand the differencies between speaker and instrument cable . Is there any link that you know showing them with the differencies? I asked to music shop to make me a speaker cable but he didint understand what is the differencies and he suggest me to use normal guitar jack which made me scared after your messages.

2) If I use speaker out for my kemper cabinet (not powered) , which settings that I should activate/deactivate in output panel in kemper powerhead?

many thanks

• Don't forget to activate KEMPER Kone Mode in the Output Section.

The Quick Start manual for PROFILER Head, Rack, PowerHead, and PowerRack models explains the cabling for your case supported by a picture.

The Main Manual chapter KEMPER Kone explains the relevant options and parameters.

You can download both manuals from the KEMPER download page.

• Thank you for your answers.

(snip)

I asked to music shop to make me a speaker cable but he didint understand what is the differencies and he suggest me to use normal guitar jack which made me scared after your messages.

(snip)

Stay away from that music shop!