Per collection thread

• Sounds a bit

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Heh, never heard that before spottydog10 I remember the name bouncing around back in the day, but never heard any of their stuff. Sounds a bit like Ian Drury/Blockheads or some esoteric Stranglers stuff. I seem to recall there were quite a few new wave bands that explored these sorts of sounds and then again in the 90’s there were bands like The Mr T Experience and King Missile (with their famous detachable penis song) that kept on the beat style.

• Some of their stuff is quite off the wall.
    Funny thing is, you think it's a bit weird, then listen to a few tracks and it makes perfect sense after which normal everyday tunes sound bland and uninteresting like driving off a winding rural road onto a motorway. I saw them live once and pretty impressive they were too.
    Here's to variety!

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is a really cool tune and the mix is just right.

Cheers,

Mats N

• I was picking up a lot of clipping on the kick and bass , and it was prominent when the splash came in at 16 seconds like the volume was compressing up and down. Killer tune though.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Tired, quick one after a long days driving

External Content soundcloud.com

• Writing longer chord sequences was just the norm in the 70's, which is where a lot of the major influences on the Foos come from BayouTexan it's really only 12 bar blues and it's direct derivatives like some 60's pop that lock it down to specific lengths for the genre. Generally it's all driven by the meter of the vocal line and how you want to resolve or not (e.g. Something by the Beatles has a measure less than expected simply by leaving to the chorus on the call rather than the response).

• Quick light instrumental noodle tonight

External Content soundcloud.com

• Thanks BayouTexan ! I’m surprised, it’s pretty bass heavy here. Perhaps I need to use a spectroscope and pull back some frequencies to let it tighten up.

You know me - I ain't no pro, but when I listen with my eyes closed the guitars tracks seem too close to overlapping the bass on center and maybe they need more stereo spread to separate from center. It's a killer tune but it's like too much is competing for center. I hope this makes sense because I like learning from your examples and I hope I am explaining things right.

• Hopeless reminds me of those 60's-70's psychedelic songs.

I had some new grass sod and sprinkler system installed this week so I am a few days behind schedule for my weekly mix. The guitar, bass, and basic drums are tracked for the new tune. I just need to add some fills, and maybe a solo, then master. I'm working on it today.