Rig Manager unusable due to bugs

• Hey,

having owned the Kemper Stage for 3 years now I can't get over the (sorry for german directness) shitty RM Software.

It runs on my Macbook Pro 2020 and since day one I have the following Problems which haven't changed with the Updates:

1. Drag and Drop randomly stops to work

2. Copy and Paste randomly stops to work

3. Changing rig info randomly stops to work

4. My performance order on the Kemper randomly reverts to a state of some minutes ago

5. Not recognising the Kemper til after a few physical reconnects

6. Loosing connection midst process

7. Other small bugs... (for example overwriting a performance I´m working on after which the rig is completely empty with only a crunch-amp that keeps coming since 3 years 😄)

I'm at the point where I dont want to use the RM out of fear to loose some Rigs or Settings I dialed in in a timely process. On the other Hand I have to use it due to a lot of different Gigs and Bands with chancing repertoire. ||

I also have two friends owning the Kemper Head in the same situation.

Can someone help me find the Problem?

Could it be the USB-B to USB-C Cable?

All software is up to date...

Greetings

Marco

• I don't see it as shitty, but that might just be a choice of words. ;) I have learned to work around the issues.

1. I don't drag and drop so can't comment

2. I experience the same issue that seems to manifest after doing a significant amount of performance editing

3. I see this as a similar problem as 2 in that it seems to happen after a lot of performance editing

4. Have not experienced this

5. Have not experienced this

6. I experience this quite a while ago but not in the last 6 to 8 months or so. I believe this was fixed in one of the updates although it was stated by Kemper as far as I know. Not sure which one, but the problem ceased on my end. FYI, I did not swap the cable to fix this issue. Same cable I have always used. Could also possibly have been a Windows update?

7. I have experienced this also. I see this as a similar problem as 2 in that it seems to happen after a lot of performance editing

• ok, thank you all for replying. My takeaway is: just live with it 😄

Happy if anyone has any other solution or suggestions.

Till then ✌🏻

• k, thank you all for replying. My takeaway is: just live with it 😄

You can live with it if you like. The truth is, rig manager works very well on my end so maybe its not rig manager, maybe there is something else that's messed up. Or you could sell the Kemper, with all the upgrades coming up I'm sure many out there would love to buy it. I would think its a great time to sell.

• I use RM on a windows PC all day long with no issues. However, I only do profile editing.

Only issues I have seen:

- Editing a profile on Rig Exchange then trying to save it = crash. Now I download the profile first, then editing it.

- Editing a profile on the Kemper. I tend to swap IRs constantly and do very heavy edits. On occasion, RM gets confused and starts overwriting other profiles. Now I ALWAYS make a LOCAL copy of a profile on my hard drive. Then I edit that LOCAL copy. Passing IRs across USB while editing is asking a lot of RM to keep track of things.

• Now I ALWAYS make a LOCAL copy of a profile on my hard drive.

That's how I always done it.

I hear people saying that it crashes when they copy a profile. If I like someone's profiles I put their name in a search box and copy and paste all of them on my favourites under the profilers name. Sometimes more than 200 profiles. It has never crashed.

There has to be a reason for so many complaints when I have literally none.

I'm not a "fanboy", I have many things in my studio that I absolutely love. Kemper stage just happens to be my favourite but not the best at everything. I have better reverbs, better delay's, most of all better compressors. But those are mostly rackmount and independent units.

Maybe its the operating system. I had problems with that, I couldn't update windows 8 to windows 10 properly and had to do it 3 times plus a lot of research, older laptop (girlfriend got the new one). Now it works so well I'm scared to mess with it. The funny thing is even when I had problems updating, rig manager it never failed me.

• Im not a MAC user and haven't been for decades, ensure all your drivers are current. I don't have any idea how MACOS works with updates and such.

The usb adapter may be the issue, you only have usb c? Maybe you better of running a usb hub into your type c port than just running the adapter.Potentially maybe use an apple branded hub as it should have proper implementation with your device.

• I also have issues 1, 2, 3, 4 and 7. On both Macs I've used the editor on. Across a few versions of OSX, all updated to latest versions.

I wouldn't say it's unusable. I've just learned not to do certain things (like drag and drop).

I also save everything after every step (for example, if I'm auditioning 5 profiles in the slots on the Stage, when I edit the title I save it (Can't recall the exact button name without it in front of me, but "save performance"). When I am happy with that profile in slot 1, 'save performance'. When I'm happy with slot 2, 'save performance' etc etc. Once all five are filled, I save the whole performance to a local folder.

I'm glad someone else has mentioned these, because they're annoying and I suspect common. I'm sure I've reported them in the past. It's about time they were fixed.

• This all sounds like a connection problem to me. We don't have reports logged indicating that there is an issue with drag and drop, copy paste etc.

Those functions will not work as expected without a reliable USB connection.

I'd check cables and remove other USB devices. Check, if something changes and go from there. Use another USB port etc.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• I really hate to say this because its kind of like eating humble pie. I just pasted "Shawn Light" on rig exchange then copied 44 rigs and pasted them into my local library and rig manager crashed for the first time. I rebooted rig manager and everything including the Shawn Light profiles are all there and seem to work fine. I tried again to see if it was a one time thing and it crashed again.

I'm using Kemper stage latest firmware, latest rig manager and my computer is running windows 10.

I apologize to the people I doubted on here. There is definitely something funky about copy and paste on rig manager.

• Hey Guys,

thank you so much for the many answers 😊 I´m glad to hear, that Rigmanager works fine for many people. Yet I`m also glad to hear, that some users have similar issues using the Rigmanager.

I started to use a different cable (not the usb-b to usb-c cable). Just a standart usb-b to usb-a and an adaptor usb-a to usb-c.

I'll test it for some time, then reply here if it fixes the issues 😉

Again, thank you all ✌🏻

• This all sounds like a connection problem to me. We don't have reports logged indicating that there is an issue with drag and drop, copy paste etc.

Those functions will not work as expected without a reliable USB connection.

I'd check cables and remove other USB devices. Check, if something changes and go from there. Use another USB port etc.

Perhaps RM could be made to handle connection issues more gracefully?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM