Just Bought A Used Remote. All Of The foot switches are mechanically Very Loud!

• Just Bought A Used Remote. All Of The foot switches are mechanically Very Loud!

Is this normal. Its annoying as hell. I've never had any effects pedal or controller that had switches this loud.

This absolutely useless in a studio setting with open mics.

Thanks,

Chris

• My Stage is not any louder then Strymon pedals, same switches as the Remote.

BTW: I work in Studio and normally you don't leave mics open when recording an E-guitar, otherwise they pick up the unplugged sound.

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• The remote switches are not particularly noisy. The specific remote you got probably sat unused for a long time and oxidation now make it feel rough. I would apply WD40 or some other lubricant and press them on and off several times.

• The remote switches are not particularly noisy. The specific remote you got probably sat unused for a long time and oxidation now make it feel rough. I would apply WD40 or some other lubricant and press them on and off several times.

Not sure I would use WD40 as it will leave a residue. Best to go with something that is designed for electronics such as Deoxit.

Frankly the switches are loud and I don't think either will solve the problem if he has an open mic for recording.

• I never really thought about this since I play so loud. I did a little test with the remote footswitches versus various other foot pedal switches that I have available. The Kemper footswitches seem to be similar in noise level. I can see how that might be an issue in a quiet environment. Your remote foot switches are probably operating normally. Please do not spray WD40 into the switches or get it near any sort of electronics or musical equipment.