More effects after the stack

• Morphing is still a solid option here. The algorithm stays the same, but using morph allows you to create two states for a reverb. Varying every parameter attached to a dial.

You'd can still have an on/off switch if you like, but also a switch (the slot number) to change parameters or an expression pedal to vary any where in between.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Morphing is still a solid option here. The algorithm stays the same, but using morph allows you to create two states for a reverb. Varying every parameter attached to a dial.

You'd can still have an on/off switch if you like, but also a switch (the slot number) to change parameters or an expression pedal to vary any where in between.

I'll copy here one of my previous answers on how this is not possible for me:

"Two performances. The first one is set as follows:

- Slots 1 to 5 are my gain stages - from completely clean to complete distorted metal-type sound.

- All 4 effect switches used (octaver, chorus, delay and short reverb). All effects except reverb are locked because I need to be able to change slots 1-5 without loosing the effect (I need to sacrifice the reverb).

- All morphs are set as my booster, increasing the amp volume (since I can’t use any effect switch because they are already been used)."

The morph option was the first thing that I thought about (although it'll oblige you to use the same exact effect but I was willing to accept that in order to have all my main effects on the same performance).

• I agree with you that switching performances mid song is totally not viable but mid set should not be a problem? I actually have a dedicated performance for a different guitar as its for a different part of the set, but I would never change performance mid solo as you are right, totally not practical.

I also think your ultimate is answer is the feature improvement to select pre or post for effects so nothing we say is the solution but only suggested work arounds.

Without going through the songs and set, I can only suggest areas to look at further ( all are of course some level of compromise):

1. Was there any reason why the octaver needs to be post as the issue seems to be around 1 slot
    2. Its interesting you use the slots for 5 different levels of gain, which is similar to how I do it but I only boost for 2 reason, solo and punching up rhythms. I have a solo slot dedicated which sort of frees up needing to morph every slot. However for accenting riffs, I use morph.
    3. You don't need to lock effects to have them on. You can have the slot with the effect already active or deactivated - I think its a red herring but it stood out in your comment
    4. You can morph multiple items although I assume the change in reverb is independent to boost OR you could use the booster in pre effects to free up morph?
    5. Could your answer be browse mode? Its worse because its scroll up and down but you are not limited to swapping between performances. Down side is to reduce selecting you would need to map everything out in advance - pretty sure this won't work but some people use it....
    6. Use less effects ...thats a joke of course :)
  • Another idea - but adds some gear is a MIDI footswitch. Wired or via WIDI, you could send program changes for a variety of things. Parameter changes, on/off etc.

Just spitballing here.....

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Maybe use a volume pedal for the boost. This would free up the morph for the second reverb. You can set the desired values with the pedal range. Or use a switch, that puls down a resistor.

Same thing as carrying another pedal: My main goal was to not carry any more gear than the device itself, but for now seems the most reasonable one to be honest! That Dunlop Mini Volume pedal wouldn't be that much to carry.

• I agree with you that switching performances mid song is totally not viable but mid set should not be a problem? I actually have a dedicated performance for a different guitar as its for a different part of the set, but I would never change performance mid solo as you are right, totally not practical.

I also think your ultimate is answer is the feature improvement to select pre or post for effects so nothing we say is the solution but only suggested work arounds.

Without going through the songs and set, I can only suggest areas to look at further ( all are of course some level of compromise):

1. Was there any reason why the octaver needs to be post as the issue seems to be around 1 slot
    2. Its interesting you use the slots for 5 different levels of gain, which is similar to how I do it but I only boost for 2 reason, solo and punching up rhythms. I have a solo slot dedicated which sort of frees up needing to morph every slot. However for accenting riffs, I use morph.
    3. You don't need to lock effects to have them on. You can have the slot with the effect already active or deactivated - I think its a red herring but it stood out in your comment
    4. You can morph multiple items although I assume the change in reverb is independent to boost OR you could use the booster in pre effects to free up morph?
    5. Could your answer be browse mode? Its worse because its scroll up and down but you are not limited to swapping between performances. Down side is to reduce selecting you would need to map everything out in advance - pretty sure this won't work but some people use it....
    6. Use less effects ...thats a joke of course :)

That's exactly what I do when I need to switch on that long reverb, change the performance - mid song, yes.

Yeah, that feature would be incredible because it doesn't bother all the other features about the Kemper (I believe), just decide for each effect where do you want it and you're good to go. But of course workarounds are welcomed and you all have been so nice writing new ideas!

Answering your ideas:

1. First thing I'll try tomorrow! Another user said it before and I thought about it.

2. That's a nice approach and I'm sure it's useful for most users. For me I have solo parts almost in all gain stages so I can't have just one slot (meaning one gain stage) for the solos, not all solo are metal or mid overdriven sound 🥲

3. I probably didn't explain myself: What I need is to keep the effect on even if I switch the slot, just like you needed to change the channel on an amp and switch off certain effect that's on or viceversa, but the state of the pedal won't change unless you do something. Sometimes this is good but for me most of the cases is not so I have them locked.

4. That I thought at first when buying the Kemper. Not sure why I preferred the option I'm using now... 🤔 I'll check it too.

5. I'm not sure of this but seems to be a little time-consuming haha

6. That's the real solution, tbh hahahaha

• I agree with you that switching performances mid song is totally not viable

Just thinking aloud but maybe it is viable mid song. If the performance loading is set to Pending you can change to a new performance ahead of being needed then trigger it by stepping on the appropriate Rig slot when required. Definitely a work around for javi garcia guitar rather than an ideal solution but might actually work OK..

• Just thinking aloud but maybe it is viable mid song. If the performance loading is set to Pending you can change to a new performance ahead of being needed then trigger it by stepping on the appropriate Rig slot when required. Definitely a work around for javi garcia guitar rather than an ideal solution but might actually work OK..

That I thought at first, but I've preferred setting the performances to change immediately to the same slot I have on. Usually this works because I'm using the same gain-stage sound for that long reverb, but if not there's no difference between an analog pedalboard and the Stage since I have to press 2 switches - one changing the channel and another one enabling the reverb.

Thank you all guys for the replies, they've been quite insightful although I'm still considering buying the Neural Quad Cortex, not that it's gonna fix the software issues that I have with the Kemper but at least it is smaller 😅😂 thank you again!

• That I thought at first, but I've preferred setting the performances to change immediately to the same slot I have on. Usually this works because I'm using the same gain-stage sound for that long reverb, but if not there's no difference between an analog pedalboard and the Stage since I have to press 2 switches - one changing the channel and another one enabling the reverb.

Thank you all guys for the replies, they've been quite insightful although I'm still considering buying the Neural Quad Cortex, not that it's gonna fix the software issues that I have with the Kemper but at least it is smaller 😅😂 thank you again!

If you go down the Quad route, let us know how you get on as many people do like it.

Its defo a good unit but do your research :)