Downloadable Leslie effect?

• Fairly new Kemper user - played two shows so far this year after migrating from a Boss GT100 that served me well for the past several years.

The only patch (rig in “Kemper-speak”) that sounded better on my old processor was one for the CSN song “Suite Judy Blue Eyes”, which is a staple of all our shows this year. I had the Leslie effect dialed in perfectly to mimic the sound David Crosby got on the recording,. The rotary speaker effect on the Kemper doesn’t come close to being adjustable for this number.

Has anyone come up with a rig or effect that can be downloaded for this effect? I’m happy to pay for rigs, and have purchased several rig packs from Michael Britt and others.

Thanks!

Jerry

• Hi.

I guess you could try to make a PROFILE of you GT100 patch, since a rotary speaker is the one modulation effect that can actually be profiled.
    Make sure to disable all other effects though, like compressor, delay, reverb etc.

from the manual:
    "PROFILING a Rotary Speaker Cabinet

The PROFILER already ships with a Rig named “CK Rotary Speaker”, captured from the real thing, but if you have access to a different brand of rotary speaker, you can take your own PROFILEs, too.

To do this, first set up the rotary speaker as you would in a normal recording situation. Next, connect the whole chain to the PROFILER, just as you would with a guitar amp. This time, however, two microphones should be used to capture the cabinet - one for the bass rotor, and one for the tweeter horn.

Connect the microphones to a mixer, create a mono mix of the two, and send this to the RETURN or RETURN 1 of the PROFILER. The idea is for both microphones to be captured at the same time, resulting in a single PROFILE. Now, switch your rotary speaker to high speed and start the PROFILING procedure. The PROFILING process will ignore the rotation of the speaker and only capture the typical sound character. The resulting PROFILE will probably sound weird and uninspiring on its own, but when you engage the effect type Rotary Speaker in the MOD module, you’ll hear the rich and animated sound of your original rotary speaker cabinet.

✓ Tip: Although the PROFILE is captured in mono, you can use the Rotary Speaker in the X, MOD or DLY module to recreate the typical stereo movement of the signal. The Rotary Speaker effect will automatically separate the bass rotor from the tweeter horn."

• Thanks, Don. I did see this in the manual, but for some reason thought it would replace the amp rig, which is fine. Will it show up as a cabinet choice? I guess I need to dig in and figure it out.

• The rotary speaker effect on the Kemper doesn’t come close to being adjustable for this number.

I have to agree with you on this one. The Rotary effect from my Strymon Mobius is one of the very few things I miss having now I have moved to Kemper. The Kemper Rotary is OK but not a patch on the Mobius.

• I have to agree with you on this one. The Rotary effect from my Strymon Mobius is one of the very few things I miss having now I have moved to Kemper. The Kemper Rotary is OK but not a patch on the Mobius.

I used to have the Lex, and I get exactly there also with the Kemper....

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better