Effects Loops Not Functioning Properly?

• After reading the effects loop section of the manual multiple times, watching multiple videos of effects loop functionality on the kemper, and reading other user threads, I haven’t solved this issue.

I’m attempting to route my external board in my chain. I’ve selected the “x” section for my effects loop. Here is my chain.

guitar>front input>effects loop (100% mix, 0 ducking, 0.0 volume)>direct out/send>Life Pedal V3>Bit commander>data corrupter>rainbow machine>avalanche run>return input> monitor output.

My issue is that when the effects loop is engaged, I have no audible signal. When pedals are active I also have no input signal. I’ve verified all my cables, power, and routing multiple times in this chain. When ensuring I have a solid connection on the return output, it seems the kemper is attempting to make a connection as if it were a loose 1/4 connection. This isn’t always the case. I do have output and volume while adjusting ducking and mix, but no pedal functionality.

I then factory reset my device and attempted this with a fresh factory reset rig. The issue persists. I’ve also attempted to use the stereo and distortion outs and have attempted with one pedal in each of these.

Message displayed in output section is “direct out used for effects loop.”

• If sound comes back when you turn the X slot off (disengage the loop) - you've most likely got something routed incorrectly.

When that's happened to me, I usually the input/output reversed or in the wrong jack.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• If sound comes back when you turn the X slot off (disengage the loop) - you've most likely got something routed incorrectly.

When that's happened to me, I usually the input/output reversed or in the wrong jack.”

this is not the case, as I’ve verified routing numerous times. I deal with signal flow daily as it is a major part of my career. I’ve verified input source in the menus as well.

• I think you need to change the Input Source in the Input menu to use or as a loop if you haven't already.

I’ve already verified input source is correctly set in the menu. Hence the text reading “direct out used for effects loop” and having that feed from last pedal in my chain into the return input.

• In order to fully troubleshoot this, disconnect the pedal board completely. Connect a know working cable between the send and return. If the loop works as expected - no change in sound whether active pr not. You can rule out the Kemper and the problem is somewhere in the board. If no sound passes when loop is active the problem is definitely at the KPA end.

• Hi!

Did this ever get resolved?

I have a similar problem with one of my two Kempers. One of them functions just fine, in the other volume is only a fraction of what it should be when "X" is used as Effects Loop.