Before the Flight

• I rushed this in to pick up my wife at the airport (hence this week's theme). I wanted to play it for her on the drive home.

I think I got a better bass track this time. I fumbled thru the bassline because my trigger finger won't cooperate; especially on a bass. I've been practicing the Zakk Wylde squealy and wanted to do it on this track but I am still too high-pitched even doing it at the fretboard. I am determined to nail that squealy. I don't know if I can keep up the one-track-per-week challenge but not giving up yet.

I uploaded on soundcloud because youtube was making my track very wishy-washy for some reason.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• YouTube applies some pretty gnarly compression, SC too but it’s usually a little less painful.

With regards your worries about keeping up - bear in mind there’s no specification on length…

… or even that it has to be tune or song. You could just knock out a few bars or a riff or two. Don’t pressure yourself to do more than you feel comfortable with, it should be about you having fun, recording, trying things out. Whether that’s a bass riff, nailing a squealy, a few bars of musical thought, a full track or just one instrument, maybe it’s just figuring out a sound. It’s practice and a record of progress and you want to be in the position that you don’t mind if it’s not perfect because there’s next time, so whenever you’re putting yourself under pressure there remind yourself to let go, just do what you can and enjoy yourself.

• Well done Larry , a track a week sounds cool , that's what I aim for , that means 50 tracks per year and about 4 albums, in that time your skill will immensely progress in all directions and sure develop your own style & tone.

Don't forget , it must be a pleasure and not a chore , so have fun

• Thanks Per ! Thanks waraba !

My wife loved the song (I figured she would). The guitar and drums sounded great in the car but I see I need the bass to be louder and a little more tighter in this one. It was worth the added work since she brought me back a dozen New Orleans boiled crabs! It's been 3 yrs since the last time I had some.

My new Friedman BE-OD dual deluxe pedal comes in today. I'm looking forward to trying that out on some clean-ish Kemper profiles and my tube amps. It should be a rockin weekend. Already have the next tune in mind.

• Nice one BayouTexan sounds great, i love the voice over bits too. My wife thinks ALL my music sounds the same, i could never get her to listen to it haha.

• Thanks Franjoe30 ! My wife is my biggest critique so anything that passes her must be decent enough. LOL. I went and rendered a second version with the bass louder to test and it was much better than this one. That bass is still tricky for me. :)

Another tune coming up for this week!

• I agree. I had increased the bass volume on version 2, but I'm still behind. Thanks Mats!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.