Kemper Repair

• Hi, would there be a problem advertising a repair service for Kemper units in the UK. As you well know import and export for mere mortals to and from Europe is a nightmare currently

and I did not want to risk losing it, or getting ridiculous import fee charges from UK customs?

I had my 10 year old Kemper toaster repaired (blown power supply) in UK by an electronics whizz I know locally. He managed to acquire a new Power Supply

from Kemper Germany (thanks guys that is support for you) and repaired the unit to fully working order. Currently as you know only repair Centres are Europe or US.

• I was wondering whether it would be an issue for Kemper.

I've had some experience with company warranties before. Usually, if the product is still in warranty, any repair done by a non-licensed or non-authorized company can void the warranty. After the warranty period is over then it doesn't matter who fixes it because the manufacturers legal responsibility is over (with exception such as negligence, safety issues, etc.). It's just that a repair company cannot brand itself as a "licensed" or "authorized" repair without permission of the manufacturer, but can still advertise as a specific make and model repair shop.

So, "My shop repairs Kemper products" is okay as long as you don't say "I am a "certified", "licensed", or "authorized" repair shop without manufacturers' consent.

As to advertising on this site then that's up to Kemper, but he is free to advertise anywhere else.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I've had some experience with company warranties before. Usually, if the product is still in warranty, any repair done by a non-licensed or non-authorized company can void the warranty. After the warranty period is over then it doesn't matter who fixes it because the manufacturers legal responsibility is over (with exception such as negligence, safety issues, etc.). It's just that a repair company cannot brand itself as a "licensed" or "authorized" repair without permission of the manufacturer, but can still advertise as a specific make and model repair shop.

So, "My shop repairs Kemper products" is okay as long as you don't say "I am a "certified", "licensed", or "authorized" repair shop without manufacturers' consent.

As to advertising on this site then that's up to Kemper, but he is free to advertise anywhere else.

Thanks BayouTexan, just wanted to help any long time users with old Kempers like mine past the warranty. If Kemper had a UK Service centre

it would've gone there first. I'm still not trusting UK import/export either. At least now I have a back up for my Stage ha ha!!

Sits nicely in my home studio too. :)

Geezer

• Hey Ezergeezer, do you have the details of the UK repairer you used please? My Kemper blew up a few days ago, it went dead & there were blue sparks visible through the vent, above the power lead. I checked the lead, it was secure & I used it on an amp, with no issues.

It is out of warranty & I do have a support ticket but it's the risk of sending it to Germany & the potential customs problems to deal with which puts me off.

• Thank you Wheresthedug, unfortunately I'm in the East Midlands, my amp guru is a former Blackstar senior engineer but he doesn't take on amp repairs anymore. Glasgow is less risky than Germany though & could be an option.

Im East Mids as well. I used a repairer on my Kemper port but not sure if he would cover anything more serious but you can always ask..

It was a guy in Coalville called Pro audio service.

• Hey Ezergeezer, do you have the details of the UK repairer you used please? My Kemper blew up a few days ago, it went dead & there were blue sparks visible through the vent, above the power lead. I checked the lead, it was secure & I used it on an amp, with no issues.

It is out of warranty & I do have a support ticket but it's the risk of sending it to Germany & the potential customs problems to deal with which puts me off.

Here's the guys email.

[email protected]

• I am a bit surprised this is not a bigger discussion. But I also understand, that having an authorized repair network is a big effort.

But, perhaps, there are plant to have network of licensed or recommended repair centers? Dear Kemper, do you have any plans for that? ;)

• I am a bit surprised this is not a bigger discussion. But I also understand, that having an authorized repair network is a big effort.

But, perhaps, there are plant to have network of licensed or recommended repair centers? Dear Kemper, do you have any plans for that? ;)

TBH I think its because there aren't that many hardware issues - I'm in my 9th year of Kemper ownership and the only issue I had was my ethernet port and I don;t think I'm an edge case.

Kemper provided the part number so I could get it repaired locally BUT I would feel more comfortable if there was a centre in the UK in case of any issues.