A first aid kit for your Kemper

• I recall reading articles scattered across the forums that would relate to this but would be nice to have a compilation of tips in one go-to place-

In the event there is a problem with your Kemper at a gig and you aren't able to reach support or these forums, what are the things to do or try?

ie, i had a situation once where there was a power-cut and i had to reload a whole back-up to resolve it (which took ages and didnt actually solve it) but, afterwards, tec-support said if you hold down RIG whilst powering up it will clear the buffer and may have saved the day (wish i had know that at the time!) Having a backup on USB stick should be part of your first-aid kit so seeking more tips (lke the hold rig button and restart) to aid possible scenarios or situations that may help save you at a gig.

fire away....

• that would be a good idea. Although, for first aid at a gig, if it's more than confirm cables are connected correctly (due to no sound), I think having a backup rig is the only practical first aid. There likely isn't time to do much else ... I suppose the band could take an immediate break (which the club will love) while you try to install a backup, etc., but that takes a lot of time and can introduce issues of its own.

It's a bit the same as having your amp go down at a gig ... I always carried spare tubes and such, but realistically the only good first aid was having a second amp ready to go. I had my wireless go down during a set once, and I just jettisoned it and went with a cable (which was already on top of my rack in case it was needed) for the rest of the gig.

For me, the stress induced in trying to do any significant troubleshooting while at the gig is worse than just using a backup rig (even if that doesn't give me "my" sound or options).

but everyone is different, and having a list of first aid items would be a good idea.

• Is there a "first aid" documentation by Kemper?
    F.e. tips like "press RIG button at startup to get...".

A documentation like that (with the first steps you could do after a break of the unit) would be nice.

• Carrying all your performances and the software on two USB's would be handy. That way you can do the hard restart (not what it's called), but I have had to do this prior to a gig. Lucky I had the USB's on me with all my performances backed up.

• so rather than preparation (which is obviously the first step to avoiding issues, ie, a UPS, back-up USB stick, etc) i'm looking for the quick-fix solutions that may resolve after an issue has arisen.

these are open to correction.

1) press RIG whilst powering up to clear damaged cache

2) use browse mode if performance mode is unavailable (this was what i had to do before i knew about the previous tip on one occasion)

3) plug into alternate input if your main input has been physically broken

4) use another output if similar to above

5) carry a PoE and spare ethernet cable in case the Kemper-remote cable has issues or gets damaged.

add to the list, anyone?