Silent Kemper

• No not the jack. It wouldn't work on Kemper start up if it was

Not sure...the no leds on input is key here...it's not receiving a signal. depending on the sound during start up, that could be a red herring...

I assume you've checked the obvious:

1) Cable

2) You are not plugged into the headphone socket

3) Check the alternative input

Could be a software issue but sounds unlikely...

• LED above Master button shows signal in brief period when guitar sound comes out on startup. Out of my speakers I get the typical dry guitar sound one gets if one plays while the Kemper is booting up before reverb & everything else kicks in.

Except the proper guitar sound doesn't kick in when it has booted up. Just silence.

• LED above Master button shows signal in brief period when guitar sound comes out on startup. Out of my speakers I get the typical dry guitar sound one gets if one plays while the Kemper is booting up before reverb & everything else kicks in.

Except the proper guitar sound doesn't kick in when it has booted up. Just silence.

Erm I don't think I get any dry sound during boot up....sounds odd.

More details....

I assume it has worked previously? what version software? Did you check cables and connections? Its strange that initially get get a signal registering and then not. You could try a factory reset but backup first!

• #1 "Sound comes out distorted for a few seconds then silence !"

Sound wouldn't come out at all if there was a jack or cable problem would it ?

And again

#3 "No not the jack. It wouldn't work on Kemper start up if it was"

Then you chip in later with..
    #4 "Have you checked the jack" !

Try checking previous posts

You just wasted my time!

If someone asked a question on a car forum about an engine problem would you ask .. "Have you tried putting the ignition in & operating the start switch?" :rolleyes:

• Given I have no understating of your background, many people have not checked the basics, your attitude sucks when someone tries to help.

input...and I said that could be a red herring, check alternative input, which you did not. You did not clarify software version either nor if it ever worked, athough you said later you had it 10 years ( so we assume it did, my the point being when did it stop working - software update etc)......so you are wasting my time with your arsey attitude and implied answers is reasonable questions....

I'll leave you to it as you already know better and seem to have already decided that I add nothing despite my experience.

Just so you know my Kemper does NOT make any sound on boot up, I checked last night as I thought that was odd... so that is wrong/something odd as I suggested, but hey you dismissed that too so you know best....

Im out.

• OP, Fault categories can include hardware, software/firmware and physical connections. I think all anyone is trying to do here is narrow it down to one of these seeing as you have asked the public community for an opinion. If you want to talk to Kemper Support directly, contact them appropriately if you have not already - it would make sense given they have the most insight to more serious issues. Remember that as disappointing as equipment failures may be, they are no-one's fault per se. Please let us know the outcome for future reference.

Ed / Audio Systems Engineer / Kemper Stage + Fender fan

• I found if i unplug USB lead to my Mac, then sound returns. But means I can't use rig manager of course. But when I plug it back in it kills the input.

I have a ticket raised thanks

Which is why I asked about software version.

If you are using the latest version, sounds like it is activating USB audio....but hey, what do I know.