USB-Audio device nameing

• On my MAC, the Kemper USB audio interface is just called "Profiler". This creates a mess if, like me, you have multiple profilers plugged into your computer.

Please rename the USB audio device name to the same name I set up under "System-Edit Owner-Device Name" for unique naming and identification.

Thanks very much

Be the force with you ;)

Edited once, last by Yoda Guitar ().

• Are you using multiple Profilers plugged into your Mac simultaneously Yoda Guitar ?

Presumably you are doing this through an aggregate device in Mac Audio Midi setup?

If so is it possible to name them individually in the aggregate device menu?

Are you using them with a Daw? In Logic you can override the auto naming convention and have user defined input names. I have started doing this where my Motu Ultralite 5 20 inputs and 22 outputs are auto assigned names by Logic but instead of letting Logic auto name the Kemper as Inputs 21 and 22 or Outputs 23 and 24 I set them to show as KPA 1 and 2.

Maybe you already know this and your scenario is slightly different but if not it’s worth looking into.

I’m not suggesting your request is invalid or saying I don’t want it. Quite the opposite, I think it makes perfect sense but in the meantime maybe this would help.

• Yes I'm using multiple Profiler for recording jam sessions with the band.
    The Input device are all named "Profiler" and you don't see what is the source that's the problem.
    In aggregated device you can name the aggregated device but not the source devices.
    Each source device creates additional channelnumbers in the aggregate device and you can label the channels but you don't see that label in Logic Pro.
    So hHow do you name the input chanels in Logic ?

Be the force with you ;)

• At the top of the screen select the Mix drop-down menu.

Click on the I/O Labels option and you will get a box with the current names and the option to rename them.

I think its a project level setting rather than program level so you will probably need to save these in your default template to avoid re doing it every time.

THX a lot that really helps a lot.

But anyway, if I reconnect the Kemper USB cable (sometimes switching the USB Port by accident) you never know which one is which in the System Config.

Be the force with you ;)

• THX a lot that really helps a lot.

But anyway, if I reconnect the Kemper USB cable (sometimes switching the USB Port by accident) you never know which one is which in the System Config.

Yes. I know what you mean and I agree your solution would be the best option but hopefully the workaround will help a bit in the meantime 👍