" New Ground Up Liquid Profile " -vs- "Retro-Fitted Liquid Profile (?)

• This has me confused.

Assuming you have, for example, a Fender Twin, and you have a pre-exisiting Legacy Profile of it and you know the exact Amp settings you did it with.

a => you can do a new ground up Liquid Profile of it using the Amp Channel Model at those same settings as part of the process

or

b => you can burn in the Amp Channel Model at the exact settings of the original LP

What's the differences between a and b ?

(i) is there any Sound ? Feel ? Dynamics ? Gain/EQ adjustability authenticity differences between doing a new ground up Liquid Profile -vs- Retro-Fitting the correct Amp Channel and Amp Profile settings to a Legacy Profile if you know them ?

or

(ii) do they produce the exact same result ?

Ben

Edited 4 times, last by benifin ().

• I think also you can do a new Liquid Profile in what’s been called the “white coat” protocol where you do a new Liquid Profile and set your amp with all tone controls at noon (midpoint) and gain at 10 (max). The manual seems to imply this yields the most “usable” LP.

Interested to hear the experts. I’ve yet to upgrade to OS 10 waiting for the official release.

• I think also you can do a new Liquid Profile in what’s been called the “white coat” protocol where you do a new Liquid Profile and set your amp with all tone controls at noon (midpoint) and gain at 10 (max). The manual seems to imply this yields the most “usable” LP.

Interested to hear the experts. I’ve yet to upgrade to OS 10 waiting for the official release.

Yep .... that's definitely the suggested best way from Kemper / C.K ... it also adds that if the Gain on FULL is just too much, then -to paraphrase- leave the EQ's on 12.00 and set the Gain to the highest setting before it "flubs-out" / "farts-out" / "has just too much saturation".

Still keen to know the differences -if any- between the "2" methods of (a) new-Liquid Profile -vs- (b) Retro-fitting an existing Legacy Profiles.

All the best,

Ben

• You have those two choices; LP with gain on full or LP with setting your sweet spot. Neither are wrong and it depends on personal taste. However, I would prefer to do the first if I am going to share the profile so others can make their own sweet spot.

I believe the difference is negligible, provided Kemper is using very accurate models, and to a point where differences are null in a mix.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.