International voltage

• I have a Power Head Profiler with voltage for Germany and I wonder if I need a voltage converter if I play in Japan.

In the specs it sais: "Head/Rack 90-275 V AC, max. 0.5 A

PowerHead/ PowerRack 100-125 or 190-245 V AC, max. 10 A

Stage 100-230 V AC, max. 0.5 A"

This looks like the Head is more cersatile than the Power Head, right?

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• The Power Head has a 600 W Class D amp in it. Powering it is a whole different deal compared to just the digital preamp of the unpowered versions. AC voltage in Japan is 100 Volt. You should be fine running the power head there.

• I am just irritated because in the manual there is a different information:

manual: "100 - 240V AC"

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• But yes, I guess I should not worry because the gap from 125 to 190 does not apply to me.

www.audiosemantics.de

• I am just irritated because in the manual there is a different information:

manual: "100 - 240V AC"

I took that "or" to mean that the Power Head is switchable between those two voltage ranges. Are there in fact two different models or is the power supply switchable between those ranges?

• On the manual, i read the same spec for Powerhead & rack ; 100~125V ou 190~245V CA max. 10A

I don't know why there's a gap vs non-powered version but it detects automatically the voltage...

• On the manual, i read the same spec for Powerhead & rack ; 100~125V ou 190~245V CA max. 10A

I don't know why there's a gap vs non-powered version but it detects automatically the voltage...

I’m not sure but my guess is that it needs a buffer zone to make sure it doesn’t accidentally self select the wrong voltage.