Kabinet sounds like Im playing in a tin can

• I know Im a bit new to the Kab but I have tried many things from the forum etc but I still get a tinny sound. Is there perhaps some instructions for complete idiots ??

Thank you

• Are you hooking it up using a speaker cable (when using a powered Kemper)? Do you have the Cabinet ON and using an Imprint?

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Are you hooking it up using a speaker cable (when using a powered Kemper)? Do you have the Cabinet ON and using an Imprint?

Hi . Sorry if it seems like a late reply but we live in Cape Town so possibly a time difference. I am using a Stage Kemper hooked up to the Kabinet with a standard speaker cable ( if thats what you mean ?). ...... I use the Rig Manage mainly ( easier on my brain I guess :) but on the Stage itself it says in the output section that the monitor cab is off. I have set the Cabinet in Rig Manager to Full Range Mode ( I saw someone suggested that ) . On the Kemper Stage itself , I have the Kemper Kone activated it apperas and half of it to the right of Amp Boost is greyed out . Its wonderful that you guys are there to help me. Much appreciated . Thank you.

• Hi . Sorry if it seems like a late reply but we live in Cape Town so possibly a time difference. I am using a Stage Kemper hooked up to the Kabinet with a standard speaker cable ( if thats what you mean ?). ...... I use the Rig Manage mainly ( easier on my brain I guess :) but on the Stage itself it says in the output section that the monitor cab is off. I have set the Cabinet in Rig Manager to Full Range Mode ( I saw someone suggested that ) . On the Kemper Stage itself , I have the Kemper Kone activated it apperas and half of it to the right of Amp Boost is greyed out . Its wonderful that you guys are there to help me. Much appreciated . Thank you.

Aha... The Stage has no powered speaker output. I'm guessing you are using a non powered Kab, and no amplifier in between the Stage and speaker?

If so, you'll need a class D amp between the Monitor out and the Kab, or trade the Kab for a powered Kab.

Either solution will bring glorious tone! :)

• You need to use a normal cable, not a speaker one, but most important: you do have a powered Kabinet, right? Not the passive one...

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• You need to use a normal cable, not a speaker one, but most important: you do have a powered Kabinet, right? Not the passive one...

Thanks. Sorry I meant I used a normal guitar cable. No idea what a speaker cable is actually :) - Yes I ado have the powered Kabinet. Thanks