Can we have our EQ button back, please?

• The EQ button has been redundant for some time (has the same function as the "amp" button and is therefore serving no real purpose)

Making it work like it used to where we can quickly access and/or disable the EQ section separate to the AMP section would be more use than what is it is now (which is doing nothing) Would be useful to compare profiles with/without their EQ especially now we have the liquid EQ benefits.

One argument against this was "you cant bypass the EQ section a traditional amp as its part of the circuit" yes, i agree, but the KPA is far from a traditional amp. One of the attractions of the KPA is its enormous flexibility, so why take some of this functionality away from us? Where's the harm in giving us back the function it has before?

please please

• you cant bypass the EQ section a traditional amp as its part of the circuit

Hehe that is a lousy argument for a profiler/modeler if I ever saw one :). Anyway if it's not possible, it's not possible. If it is possible I would love to have it back as well.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I don't think there is any harm, but if the button were removed on new heads and racks, this argument would disappear instantly. Just like the second delay LED, the EQ button is now redundant.

The Stage has one delay LED, no EQ, Stomp, Stack or Effects buttons. Those are pretty solid indications that Kemper has zero intent to resurrect them.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• ...One argument against this was "you cant bypass the EQ section a traditional amp as its part of the circuit" yes...

Just a note that there are amps for which the tonestack (or EQ section) can be bypassed. The Dumble ODS is one amp that is well known for this and it is called PAB(preamp boost). There are others as well.

• there you go, case justified.

This could also then be employed as a "boost" section without consuming an FX slot, if there was a level for the engaged EQ.

Sorry to be the negative voice, but unless they add it to the Stage its never going to happen.

• i dont own nor ever tried the stage but isn't there some combination of button presses that access parameters that are available by a one button press on the rack/head?

Nope. The functionality isn't there.

This was lamented when the Stage began shipping.

• i dont own nor ever tried the stage but isn't there some combination of button presses that access parameters that are available by a one button press on the rack/head?

Yes. Things like copy/paste etc. You are right.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Yes. Things like copy/paste etc. You are right.

At the same time - those aren’t parameters for adjusting sound. Plus - those functions also work on the head and rack in the exact same way.

I’m not aware of any series of button presses that will ‘unlock’ extra parameters.

You can’t (and never could) select/enable/disable the stomps/stack/effects sections on the Stage, or in Rig Manager.

Copy/paste by holding a button is an improvement to me. It removed the need for two buttons (and two hands) on the unit and simplified its use. They also got rid of the on/off button.

I think in total, the Stage has something like 6 or 7 fewer buttons.