Who uses the High Shift and Pure cabinet?

• I constantly feel like my profiles are a little brittle and pointy sounding, especially since im using an FR cabinet to dial in my presets. Pulling back the high end or presence control on a liquid profile seems to flub up the low end too much. I tried lowering the High shift in the Cabinet block to about -0.7 to -0.9 and it seems to smooth things out a bit. I also bring up the pure cabinet setting to about 10 oclock. Has anyone else played around with these parameters at all? I haven tried it live. Im hoping it doesnt shift the frequencies too much to where I wont cut through a mix or cause it to drastically change the overall sound of an otherwise well made profile.

Any thoughts?

• I tend to set high and low cuts at the frequency responses of the real speaker you are using. These units can produce frequencies that a guitar speaker cannot produce. When using an FRFR, you get everything it is capable of producing. If you cut it down to what the real speaker produces it helps a lot IMHO. You can find the frequency responses on the speaker manufacturer's web site.

• I tend to set high and low cuts at the frequency responses of the real speaker you are using. These units can produce frequencies that a guitar speaker cannot produce. When using an FRFR, you get everything it is capable of producing. If you cut it down to what the real speaker produces it helps a lot IMHO. You can find the frequency responses on the speaker manufacturer's web site.

where are you setting the high and low cuts? in the OUTPUT page? I set those global HI and low cuts to about 7k and 90hz

• where are you setting the high and low cuts? in the OUTPUT page? I set those global HI and low cuts to about 7k and 90hz

Most people are using an effects block with an eq added, it has a low and hi cut. In the latest update it looks like the Kemper team have added the frequently user requested low and hi cut to the cabinet section too. Now we can set them on a per rig basis, thank you Kemper team!!

• Most people are using an effects block with an eq added, it has a low and hi cut. In the latest update it looks like the Kemper team have added the frequently user requested low and hi cut to the cabinet section too. Now we can set them on a per rig basis, thank you Kemper team!!

Nice. cant wait for that to be released

• So does it override, work with, Have a steeper curve, or does the most "Cut" win out over the global setting in the output section? There are a few rigs that I would like it adjusted. But with those filters in the output section, I can't. Would I have to lose the settings in the output section and do this per rig? Or per cabinet? Or is this just for the "monitor out" "Cab out" section, and doesn't affect the main outputs? Also, there are High and low cuts in the EQ effects. So, for one of my rigs, there then would be three layers of High and Low cut filters, on the cab, an EQ added in the effects, and the global output. How are these working together when they are stacked? Or Not working together? I don't want to assume even though I think I may know the answer.

Edited 2 times, last by jon9max ().

• One thing I discovered through trial & error is turning Pure Cab on globally, but have the setting at 0.0. It adds a subtle EQ to all Profiles that really works for my in-ears via the headphone out.

• where are you setting the high and low cuts? in the OUTPUT page? I set those global HI and low cuts to about 7k and 90hz

The output is where I have done it. As mentioned, it is in the cab block now, where it really should be.

For example a Celestion Creamback has a frequency response of 75Hz to 5KHz. So going as high and low as you have will let through more low and top end than the real Creamback speaker would produce.

• So does it override, work with, Have a steeper curve, or does the most "Cut" win out over the global setting in the output section? There are a few rigs that I would like it adjusted. But with those filters in the output section, I can't. Would I have to lose the settings in the output section and do this per rig? Or per cabinet? Or is this just for the "monitor out" "Cab out" section, and doesn't affect the main outputs? Also, there are High and low cuts in the EQ effects. So, for one of my rigs, there then would be three layers of High and Low cut filters, on the cab, an EQ added in the effects, and the global output. How are these working together when they are stacked? Or Not working together? I don't want to assume even though I think I may know the answer.

I had a little time so I loaded up the new Beta OS and Rig Manager. It looks to work like Pure Cabinet does, I can't find anything other than whats below in the manual.

"Main Manual 10.2 Page 176/Stack Section

Cabinet Soft Key

Low Cut and High Cut filters are now available in the cabinet, in addition to the global Low Cut and High Cut filters in the Output Section. The cabinet versions are stored with every Rig, and will be also be stored as part of any cabinet presets."

So with my Global Low & High Cut Filter set at 78.4 & 6505.0 I can load a rig and adjust the filters in the cab section. They don't take affect until they have passed the Global settings. Example, while in the Cabinet Section you can't hear a difference to the rig until the Low Cut is above 78.4, or until the High Cut is below 6505.0 and seems to function just as the Global Filters do. I'm thrilled with this addition, just dropping a soldano rig from 6505.0 to 6350.0 made it perfect, much more so than adjusting the High or Low Shift ever helped, at least for me. Again, Thank You Kemper Team, your awesome!!!