Made some pickups

• I've been working on some active pickup models for the past year, almost done now.

Just looking for some feedback on the tone. These are geared for heavier styles with high output and low noise.

Supermassive Black Hole (Alnico 5)
    Dark Matter Halo (lower wound, ceramic)
    Tidal Disruption (alnico 5, blade pickup)
    EMG 81

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Differences are not huge, since it's the same guitar and amp settings for all.

Edit: Full mix:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• By itself, I liked the first one the best. I am betting that won't sound as good in a mix as the last one though. The ones with more midrange are going to do better in a mix. Good metal tones though.

• By itself, I liked the first one the best. I am betting that won't sound as good in a mix as the last one though. The ones with more midrange are going to do better in a mix. Good metal tones though.

#1 could work and more so in a recorded mix as long as it's a single guitar. Once you start doubling then you need to cut the low end. I'd like to hear it in a mix myself.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Completely unscientific full mix comparison:

That is as I suspected. I don't like the first one nearly as much in a mix. I think the others sounded more forward in the mix due to the midrange. I like the first and last the best in the first recording. I think I liked the second the best and the third next best in the mix. They all sound good. I think we are kind of splitting hairs at this point but to me, the midrange is where all of the magic happens and I can hear some clear differences in them, although minor. A slight EQ tweak would probably level the playing field of all of them.