Tonejunkie Liquid American profile pack - any way to get in touch with tonejunkie for support ?

• hey there, i recently bought the liquid american pack and find the profiles out of the box pretty unusable since all profiles have a reverb with 8s reverb time on as default. i always enjoyed the tonejunkie variety in stomp and fx slots but in this pack all profiles have the same unusable combo of fx.

i was checkin the website and store order receipt but found no way to get in touch for support. i'm wondering wether this is either a mistake of him whikle creating the profiles (maybe he forgot to check the verb settings) or if maybe i did sth wrong while importing them into rig manager (although creating a folder and then dragging/dropping the files inside should be relatively safe).

so maybe mr tonejunkie is a member here and could clear up the weird extreme reverb settings ?

-------------------------------------------------------

free you mind and your ass will follow …

• ah ok thx, i found the email adress via google, seems to be a hidden page with no menu item and the store emails are from a noreply adress.

btw, anyone else bought these profiles ?

• I think a lot of the profiles I buy are too wet for my tastes. What I do is set the reverb to what I like, lock the reverb (and/or delay), and then save the rigs with that reverb setting. Then I turn the lock off.

• Why not set the reverb/delay settings you like in the relevant slots and then lock those slots. You will get exactly the kind of ambience you want. You can also save a copy of the profile with your preferred settings under a new name (you could just add a character to the name to mark them if you like). I never use verb/delay settings from vendors.

• yes sure i can lock the slots with my own FX, it's just pretty disapointing to buy a commercial profile pack where every profile has a reverb with an 8sec tail on it which personally i cannot use for anything cause such a long reverb tail just sounds crap. As mentioned earlier i boght the Tonejunkie pack because in his previous profile packs there was a greater variety in how profiles were set up.

after using the profiles for a while i also have to confirm what GLParrishmn said: once you remove all the FX what's left is pretty poor, for example there isn't a single really clean tone in there. The Fender profiles in comparison to the single free Mbritt liquid fender profile are xtremely poor for example.

• yes sure i can lock the slots with my own FX, it's just pretty disapointing to buy a commercial profile pack where every profile has a reverb with an 8sec tail on it which personally i cannot use for anything cause such a long reverb tail just sounds crap. As mentioned earlier i bought the Tonejunkie pack because in his previous profile packs there was a greater variety in how profiles were set up.

after using the profiles for a while i also have to confirm what GLParrishmn said: once you remove all the FX what's left is pretty poor, for example there isn't a single really clean tone in there. The Fender profiles in comparison to the single free Mbritt liquid fender profile are xtremely poor for example.

I tried some of the Liquid American and Liquid British ones with the delay off and the reverb rolled down. I still did not get sounds I liked with it set like that. Everything sounded like it had a blanket over it. If I tweaked them, I could get them sounded better, and I guess that's the purpose of liquid profiles. Maybe the baseline settings for those sound better with single coils, which I did not try.

I haven't bought a lot of liquid profiles yet, but it would be nice to have some "raw" baseline profiles, some tweaked profiles, and some performances. That's the way Bert's new profile packs are set up. The liquid profiling thing is still pretty new, and I'm sure as people get more experience with them, things will improve. Tone Junkie has a lot of other profile packs I really like, has great customer service, and seems like a good dude. I'm not a big fan of the new liquid packs though, without tweaking.

• The whole point of the Liquid profiles is that you can approach them as you would a real amp and adjust the gain and tone controls to get the sound you want - and the response of those controls will be realistic - not just like running an equaliser on a mixing board. Some profile vendors create different versions of HB and SC guitars at every gain level - eg Selah Sounds.

The Kemper has some very powerful parameters in the amp section which alter the response of profiles in profoundly and you can tweak profiles to suit your requirements. Dissatifaction with paid presets is very common on other platforms like the Helix/FAS modelers. The smart money is on customising the settings to suit your playing technique and instrument.

I tend to use single coils a lot with clean to edge of breakup profiles and I run my own FX settings in the post amp slots. I recommend using the Space parameters on the output as well - these really enhance the sound on headphones and create the sort of early reflections that we hear in a room environment. Close miced guitar amps are not realistic sounds in any way if you are comparing them with what you are used to hearing with a real amp in a room or on a stage. You need some room ambience at least and well designed delay and reverb patches can create all sorts of atmospherics to enhance a performance.

• At least for the AC30X and the Deluxe Reverb I was able to quickly get a good tone out of these by setting the effects block locked to something I liked, with my normal low cut and high cut, less reverb, and no delay. After that a quick turn of the dials had these ones sounded good to my ears. I was just looking at the Quick Start ones, so I'm sure there are more I'll like deeper in, but I think if you set the effects block to something you like when auditioning these, it will help you out.

Everyone's gear and ears are different though, so you may still end up not liking them, but one my 2nd run through them, with a little tweaking, I'm pretty happy with at least the AC30X and the Deluxe Reverb. I don't really use Twin or Vibrolux profiles, so I'm not sure what I'd expect them to sound like.

• Did a quick run through many of the Tone Junkie Liquid packs with my effects slot locked and was able to get a lot of good sounds without a whole lot of tweaking on many of them. Some of them I just turned the gain down a little and they sounded nice to my ears with my guitar. Others I had to do a little more tweaking. A few I just didn't like, because I probably just don't like that amp. I've still only had about an hour with these ones, but I think I am going to be happy with them once I get them saved with an effects block I like.

• I've bought a few tones for Kemper profiler and can't seem to load them into my Rig Manager. Do i need to change format?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as No help from Tone Junkie anywhere. :cursing:

• I've bought a few tones for Kemper profiler and can't seem to load them into my Rig Manager. Do i need to change format?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as No help from Tone Junkie anywhere. :cursing:

Should just drag them into rig manager. Are you sure you are dragging them to the right location?