Should I get another Kemper

• Well, the Kemper arrived today, only had a short time to power it up and have a go but all seems well so far. Updated it and played through my valve amps cab with a celestion blue in it with some two rock profiles.. sounded amazing, really great. Thanks for the help everyone, just got to order a cab now, I think I'm just gonna go down the normal guitar cab route, tried FRFR in the past and wasn't a fan, not sure I want to bother with the Kone either but we'll see.

Really pleased for you!

I will just say again, guitar cabs add massive colouration. The KPA is there to emulate the whole signal chain and so you make a profile including the cab, artificially remove it and replace it with a real cab - the results are less predictable.

I agree with you on FRFR in that it can be very clinical but not all FRFR's are equal.

The Kone is meant to be a solution in between FRFR and a guitar cab, giving you the best of both worlds. For me it works brilliantly although not the same for others. If you can find a way to try before you buy then I would suggest its definitely worth a shot.

• Thanks. Yeah because I'm using it purely from home as my main amp I've decided just to go full 'amp in the room' and get a 1x12. So I'll be able to use either the blue or g12-65. My thought was that if I do find it too colouring of he sound in a negative way I can buy the Kone and put it in the 1x12, or even just buy the Kone. I did the whole FRFR thing the first time I got a kemper and it just didn't do it for me, this was with the Laney 1x12 FRFR they brought out. Then tried the Kone but I just ended up leaving most profiles on the same speaker which was why I just thought well I can just get a cab with that speaker and then if for whatever reason I want another amp head in the future I can use it with that too. Got a lot of options either way though.

• RE: Speakers

The Kabinet continues to amaze me. I've been partial to the Oxford imprint. Earlier this week I was jamming with a drummer using a Strat I don't normally use.

The Oxford was *really* dark with this guitar. Nothing I did with EQ, pickup selection or even things like (my go-to) Definition made much difference.

Then I swapped to the Greenback and was in absolute heaven. Like someone took a moving blanket off the speaker.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche