But I don't want to use USB audio... How do I use SPDIF like before, is it possible?

• Hi All,

It's taken me some time to post this because I trust Kemper and I know there must be a simople solution but alas, I just can't find it. I watched all the tutorials about recording and reamping with USB audio and I understand all of that and have done it but here is the issue for me, I don't want to use the profiler as my audio interface? Like, am I taking crazy pills or what? I can't find many others wiht this issue and I just can't believe you've all thrown away your focusrites and RME's and plugged your studio monitors directly into the back of the kemper?,,,,

Nonetheless, thats somehting Im not keen on, ive got a setup here thats works for lots of various purposes just as you all would so thats not changing for remapling.

Prior to the undate with USB recording provided, I connected both SPDIF cables between my Focusrite 18i20 and the kemper, I would send gtr DI from DAW over digital 1 and on the way back i could record a myriad of different things, due to the SPDIF's capability to do two signals at once, mainly, stack (no cab), mod mono and Stereo left (I think). Wiht the current firmware, I really cant find a way to achieve the same thing, I like to have my kemper plugged into the mac cause i browse the rig manager while im recording, so easy, but as soon as i plug that baby in, the Mac sees it as an audio interface. Are you guys making aggregate devices and thigns like that to get around this? I tried that and had massive problems. The reamping nretween cubase and the kemper wiht the SPDIF cables is instanteneous, Im not sure why we need the usb audio to be nonest. I suppose if you don;t have SPDIF at the other end which is a bit of a bummer.

Hoping the solution is as easy as it was before. Thank you.

• Uhhhh... we are not throwing away our dedicated interfaces. They are far superior to Kemper's generic interface. That being said, I think you can remove Kemper USB Interface from your computer under Mac driver settings. I have Windows so not sure how to navigate to that in Mac.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Nah nah, the menu's in the hardware have changed. I don't run the kemper as an interface and doubt i ever will. You now don't get as many choices from the output menu section as you had before. So it doesn't matter what I do on the computer, the output options are the limiting factor unless im mistaking and i really hope i am. This was one of the greatest features of the Kemper, they even made a hand full of videos demonstrating how many different combinations you could export in one play through of the song, which is one of the reasons i bought it.

I'm happy to learn a new way if there is one but just tell me this, can you (anyone out there) reamp a DI track that getse split up into say, 3 others like: Mod Mono, Stack (cabinet off), Stereo Left?

• I got something working, had to use the 'Amp Recording' tab instead of the reamping tab which seems counterintuitive but at least i got two tracks. The problem seems to be the choose source for ramping gives you DI & option x, where as thats never really what im after because I've already for the DI. I don;t need to run it in and out again. Like the title of the tasks suggests, im not tracking here, just ramping different sounds, no need for DI to be a feature and we always have a DI out anyway.

• I got something working, had to use the 'Amp Recording' tab instead of the reamping tab which seems counterintuitive but at least i got two tracks. The problem seems to be the choose source for ramping gives you DI & option x, where as thats never really what im after because I've already for the DI. I don;t need to run it in and out again. Like the title of the tasks suggests, im not tracking here, just ramping different sounds, no need for DI to be a feature and we always have a DI out anyway.

???? :wacko: Sorry but don't understand what you want.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I just can't believe you've all thrown away your focusrites and RME's and plugged your studio monitors directly into the back of the kemper?,,,,

I definitely haven’t thrown away my MOTU interface. I see the Kemper USB as a nice bonus feature for using with an iPad or when in a real hurry and nothing else is set up ready. Other than that a dedicated interface wins hands down.

I do have an aggregate device setup in my Mac as well as two individual devices showing for the Profiler and MOTU individually. However, 99% of the time I just use the MOTU as my default interface.

Although I do sometimes use SPDIF I don’t reamp much so just record straight from the Kemper Main Outs in analog. Having said that I am not aware of anything in the new releases that would stop me recording SPDIF as previously. I’ll try and check when I get a chance though.

• Having said that I am not aware of anything in the new releases that would stop me recording SPDIF as previously. I’ll try and check when I get a chance though.

It still works as it should.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I’ve managed to get something working but there is no doubt the menu’s inside output section have changed and as a result I’m sure I can’t quite achieve what I was doing before due to the splitting options. The different types DI, Stack, Mono Left etc are only available on particular outputs. I wish I had a picture of it before. I also don’t really understand terminology of the input type where you choose if you’re ramping or recording because I have to have it NOT on ramping to get what I want. Like I said in my original post, why would DI outputs be available if you were reamping? You’d never use that