One Last Breath

• A soft pop acoustic mix . I worked on 3 goals. 1 - create the best clean acoustic tone I can. 2 - create a bass with a good mid-range growl but with good lows. 3 - create a soft drum beat with a wet snare and a low kick that is not overpowering.

I tried to mimic a rotary speaker effect on guitar using the tremolo and air chorus effects. The rotary effect itself was too fast for this mix. I think the bass is overpowering in some parts and was tricky to level out over the mix. I may have it about 0.5db too high in volume. I hope when I set the bass traps in the studio I can be more accurate with this. The drums took me forever trying to get a good soft beat while trying to keep it from being thin and spongy. I think the snare may be too wet though.

Critiques welcomed.

Merry Christmas All!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• 3 - create a soft drum beat with a wet snare and a low kick that is not overpowering.

This, you managed admirably. I would like the bass drum to be a touch louder. I suspect the bass drum and the bass are masking each other at time and thus my impression.

Cheers,

Mats N

• This, you managed admirably. I would like the bass drum to be a touch louder. I suspect the bass drum and the bass are masking each other at time and thus my impression.

Cheers,

Mats N

Thanks Mats! I agree on Bass. After listening with a car stereo, the bass is too low by at least 1.5db, but it sounded heavy in my studio. This will be fixed shortly since I got bass traps for a Xmas present! I also got some posters of my favorite guitar heroes to hang up -- won't help the sound but I'll play better. ;) I'll post more pics when done.

• Don't know how i missed this BayouTexan Love the vibe of the track espeically the strummed guitar leading into the picked arpeggiated parts. The mix sounds totally cohesive, brilliant

• Don't know how i missed this BayouTexan Love the vibe of the track espeically the strummed guitar leading into the picked arpeggiated parts. The mix sounds totally cohesive, brilliant

Thanks Joe! I seem to be on a clean tone journey for now so expect another one. ^^