Profiler Player Wifi issue: password too long

• I just received my Player today and tried to connect it to my home wifi network. My network has a very long password and before I could complete entering it in Rig Manager, the dialog box stopped accepting new characters. Apparently the Rig Manager limits the password length to fewer characters than my password has. This is preventing me from connecting the Player to my home network. Are there any solutions to this issue?

BTW, first impressions of the Player were great. I can't wait to spend more time with it.

• Why do you need to connect the Player to your wifi? Just connect the device that is running Rig Manager to your Player. The Player has its own wifi (password on the back side)

If the Player is connected to my home wifi, I assume that I will just have to open the Rig Manager and it will connect. Your suggestion will require changing networks every time I want to open Rig Manager. Right now I am just using a computer with a USB connection but I would like to easily use my iPhone and iPad.

• I opened a ticket with support for the same issue. It appears the Wifi password is capped at 30 characters in Rig Manager. My wifi password is 31 characters and like jst_100 way too many devices to update the password on the wifi.

Does the Kemper Player support WPS to join wifi? I didn't see it in the manual.

• I opened a ticket with support for the same issue. It appears the Wifi password is capped at 30 characters in Rig Manager. My wifi password is 31 characters and like jst_100 way too many devices to update the password on the wifi.

Does the Kemper Player support WPS to join wifi? I didn't see it in the manual.

That's great that you've already opened a ticket. My password is 77 characters. Hopefully this is something that can be fixed.

• hmm, I guess you're still out of luck even when Kemper update the Stage - 77 chars is way outside the WPA2 specification. Guess it's time to bite the bullet and change passwords...

Regardless of the specification, I've used passwords of this length for well over a decade and the Player is the first device that has had an issue with it. I'll stick with USB I guess.

• Regardless of the specification, I've used passwords of this length for well over a decade and the Player is the first device that has had an issue with it. I'll stick with USB I guess.

Since the passphrase is used to calculate a PSK with PBKDF2 my assumption is that you just enter the first 63 characters of your wifi password and it will work, too. This is a technical/algorithmical limit.

Oh - and btw. that actual PSK is only 256bit, so there is no security benefit at all with using longer passwords than 63 characters.

• One plus to changing the wifi password is the sheer joy of watching the kids look up from their devices in bewilderment and fear for a few minutes....

This is a trap.

Their pain immediately becomes yours. Multiplied by however many children you impact. They don't even have to be your kids.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• hmm, I guess you're still out of luck even when Kemper update the Stage - 77 chars is way outside the WPA2 specification. Guess it's time to bite the bullet and change passwords...

I feel for ya. I had an old WiFi stereo receiver I wanted to connect to the home network but it wouldn’t accept a special character I have in my WiFi password. I wasn’t about to change 60+ devices so it got sold.