Double function to Player footswitches

• I would like to have the possibility to assign a double function to the footswitches.

When I'll finally receive mine I would probably set it up so that every footswitch (and combination of them, e.g. 1+2 & 2+3) load the respective rig (1 to 5). (ok, if we wanna be precise, the release of the footswitch will do this 😅).

When I press again the footswitch off the currently loaded rig, it will not do anything. At this point, it would be smart to have the possibility to assign an Effect Button (e.g. Effect button I) to it.

The logic would be like "if you assign a rig to a button, after the rig is uploaded it will do the second assignment (e.g. switch on/off the effect/parameter connected to the Effect Button) .

In this way with three footswitch we have access to 5 rig and with a double tap a modification for each. This with an expression pedal, a wireless, lead to an incrediblly compact but functional rig.

• Given that each footswitch has two LEDs over them, I'd guess that morph will become available at some point and provide a multi-function ability.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I am digging into the player manual, but given that up to now the morphing function is not present, I am still not really familiar with it. Could the "trigger" for it be assigned to a footswitch and can this function also switch on/off effect?

What I was pointing with this post is really to expand the assignment option of the footswitches. If I have to be honest other than the ones written above, would also be cool to have "if you longer press the button" - >"e.g. bank up/down" . (But I think this go in conflict with the possibility to have the combo buttons 1+2 & 2+3 because they act on the release.)

Imo all the other compact but high level unit are limited under this aspect (some because you cannot program the footswitches, some because don't have a bank/rig organization, etc).

This would allow a device like the Player to stand out for those who want a compact rig

• Could the "trigger" for it be assigned to a footswitch and can this function also switch on/off effect?

Morph function doesn't activate/disable Fxs but acts on parameters, but you can reach what you want with a % mix variation for example : a delay from 0% mixed to 40%.

You can set other parameters at the same time : delay time, etc...