First malfunction ever with my Kemper..at gig

• Yesterday I had the first issue ever with my Stage. Soundcheck at 5pm went normal and I've left the unit on (gig planned to start at 8pm). We go back on stage to start ....and no signal at all from the Kemper (all outputs affected, even headphones) input works (tuner was working) and the output LED was reacting to the signal. Restart didn't fix it and I had to Init Globals. Now I had again sound...but Switches assignment and all output settings were back to default and the iPad connection was not working anymore. Had to set everything on the unit. The all thing took me 10 min...but that is a long time with the band waiting and the public getting impatient...very embarrassing. No idea what happened...

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• Wow. That sucks. Damn it would be nice to figure what could have happened. Sounds scary.

I wonder if a Player would have gotten you through the gig? :)

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• A Player would have been more then enough, I can play any gig with a 2 channel amp, if I have to. Never needed a backup before, but what yesterday happened did scared me

• Not cool at all. Have you been able to get the Kemper fully working again? I wonder if a backup from a USB stick could have helped.

Kemper Stage - Macbook Air 2017 - macOS Catalina 10.15.7 - Logic Pro X

• out of interest, do you use any presets (rigs) that have volume controlled parameters or possible an expression pedal connected for any functions, volume or otherwise?

I do, volume is assigned global. First thing I did check and was working (pedal was moving from 0 to 127 in the settings)

• Terrific! Hey guys, we should understand what happened! Kemper support: do you have any idea what might have happened?

Only FYI: I accidentally pressed the power button instead of the 'browser' button (I wanted to switch from 'performance' to 'browser', and everything worked, but no sound. All I had to do was reboot and everything was as before. But this here is very serious... Kellerblues : any update? Could you find out what happened?

• out of interest, do you use any presets (rigs) that have volume controlled parameters or possible an expression pedal connected for any functions, volume or otherwise?

i know the remote for the rack "self calibrates" (sometimes to a negative effect if you plug in the pedal whilst powered up as it "sees" this as sweeping range of values to which it applies its upper and lower values.

Could there have been some glitch with the expression pedal creating a "hidden" volume=0 some place that is not obvious?

Perhaps a selected preset/rig controls the volume (possibly unbeknown to the user) and choosing another rig/preset does not have volume-control but the previous rig had set the volume to zero (unintentionally) which then denies access to resetting/increasing the volume in the new rig?

does that make sense, even if it was not the issue?