My PC always wants to upgrade to Win 11

• Hi Peeps,

My PC is constantly asking me to upgrade from Win 10 to Win 11 - I am a big believer if "something isn't broke, don't fix it" - everything currently works fine with Win10 so should I keep postpone it or should I go with the upgrade? Has anyone had any connectivity issues with the KPA or Rig Manager with Win11?

I do work in IT so I suspect I could fix any issues that arise but I'd rather just keep playing rather than fixing stuff (that doesn't pay lol)

• Justin1971

Changed the title of the thread from “Mt PC always wants to upgrade to Win 11” to “My PC always wants to upgrade to Win 11”.
  • Simply turn off Windows update notifications. You can turn back on every 3-4 months to see if any update to Windows 10 is offered.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Hi Peeps,

My PC is constantly asking me to upgrade from Win 10 to Win 11 - I am a big believer if "something isn't broke, don't fix it" - everything currently works fine with Win10 so should I keep postpone it or should I go with the upgrade? Has anyone had any connectivity issues with the KPA or Rig Manager with Win11?

When first offered the upgrade from Win10 to Win11 I ignored it, didn't want the hassle. Six to eight months later I had some time on my hands so I figured it was a good time to make the change.

My pc is used for everything, it's not dedicated to one specific task such as multi track recording, so I have a lot of programs loaded on it. I only ran into one issue when doing the upgrade and that was with an old version of PaintShop Pro, which I upgraded and the issue went away.

Never noticed anything different when working with Rig Manager, but that was just my experience. I'm still running Office Enterprise 2007 with zero issues lol!

• You can tell it to stop asking about Windows 11, but still keep Windows 10 updated (recommended).

If you have no specific reason to upgrade, I wouldn't. I'm still running 10, but several of the users at work prefer 11.