• My latest track, all done with a Dirty Shirley, including leads & my strat ( with some pickup sims)

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Bass & FX KPA : HUGESVTB7K

NAM gits ( FX & processing : KPA ) dirty Shirley + germanium fuzz ( real one)

There are a few harmonies colliding in a strange way, but I liked it anyway ...

• On the right distorted guitar at 1:38, I would have tried a high cut (low pass filter EQ) or a little less gain because the top end on that was a bit fizzy.

I'm always impressed at your assortment of riffs in one song!

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I'm trying to master a new mix now with multiple layers. It's clean guitars and I really struggle with how to make them sound fat and full. I also added a orchestra plugin to it, which had me going trying to learn to start on the upbeat. I really want vocals on it but I'm just too afraid. =O I'll post it pretty soon, and then I'm going back to heavy metal. Ha!

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I like this being more raw. Feels like you're loosening up to focus on the songwriting and sound exploration more than the production which is a good thing.

Yes thx , I did change a few things in my recording routine, I gave up with spdif and went to analogs on my SSL2+ , you can drive the inputs like a real desk and it feels great.

Another major change is using open source NAM extensively on gits, as you get both raw tones ( much less polished that the high end processing the KPA does) and a real amp feel that I really love , close to the one you get with Kone, but with more emphasis on the amp differences.

The whole experience is really great coming from the KPA where every tone if perfect , polished but maybe boring sometimes after twelve years of tracking. But I keep using the KPA for stereo cleans , FX, bass , voice , transpose etc. it's still the central piece of my home studio.

I also do less mastering these days , or even not at all when the feel of a track sounds more live and dynamic without and with an intact character.

• Really like the fuzz coming in at 0:31.

I'm in the process of writing something along these lines when it come to guitar sounds but in a very different style.

This is inspiring!

Go analog with a real germanium pedal , I'm in love with these , Tom's line G-fuzz used here is only 30€ and works great on my strat , the ineraction between guitar , pedal& amp sounds killer by playing with the git vol pot, Hendrix style. TBH I used open source NAM on all distorded parts because of this interaction, the old KPA has some limits here.

• Go analog with a real germanium pedal , I'm in love with these , Tom's line G-fuzz used here is only 30€ and works great on my strat , the ineraction between guitar , pedal& amp sounds killer by playing with the git vol pot, Hendrix style. TBH I used open source NAM on all distorded parts because of this interaction, the old KPA has some limits here.

Thanks for the fuzz tipp. It's in my browser ready for checking out.

Cheers,

Mats N

• this one maybe a bit more versatile with the tone knob :

Rowin Frenzy Fuzz Vintage Germanium Analog Fuzz Guit/Bass LN-322 NANO Holiday Special $29.44 | Reverb France
    ROWIN NANO Series LN-322 Frenzy FUZZ  Tiny effect pedal - big sound!   A very versatile fuzz pedal offering sounds of Vintage Germanium Analog Fuzz…
    reverb.com

anyway I love the Gfuzz one , it's not for everybody and it reacts really differently on SC , P90 & HB if you ask me