Kemper to monitor connectivity

• Hi,

I have the kemper profile player, and i would like to get monitors for him, im not going to record therefore i want to consider only the sound quality, i have a small room, about 10-12 square meter, i thinking about the yamaha hs5, is there any reason to go for the hs8? I play alot of distortion, but the room is small.

And is there any reason to get audio interface and connect the kemper to the monitors through him? Or it wont benefit in the sound quality?

Thanks for the help!

• HS-8 here I compared them to the HS-5 before to buy, and the -8 where clearer and more defined (even on the highs). They can get very loud if needed and they still sound very good when you move out of the sweet spot

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• In simple acoustic terms, the more bass you put out the worse your problems will be in a small room. This is especially true if the room is square or even worse cubed. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do to stop this (we you can but the amount of acoustic treatment required is so great that you would end up using most of the room for treatment and have little room left to play in). Therefore, although it’s tempting to want the extra bass extension from larger monitors I would actually suggest using the smaller HS5 and -lacing them ac close to the wall as you can but with a little insulation or foam directly behind them. I know this is contrary to most HiFi and home studio advice but there is very sound reasoning for it. Its all based on SBIR. Placing the speakers as close to the wall as possible doesn’t stop SBIR but it moves the frequencies which are affected higher into a range where simple acoustic treatment like rockwool and foam can be used to deal with them.

In short, in that size of room bass is not you friend. Don’t let it in as it will take over and refuse to leave.