We really need the display values for Bass, Mid and Treb displayed in Performance mode

• well, not to people who them enough to request they be present. this feature isn't something i'd particularly need but everyone has different preferences. i don't think it's such a senseless ask especially when those values are present outside of performance mode.

The issue is simply that Kemper is a relatively small company with limited development resources which need to be prioritised in accordance with user needs and demands. The feedback and discussion in this feature request area gives the company an idea of whether a request is something that would be useful to and appreciated by lots of users, and therefore worth devoting development resources towards, or is simply a poorly thought out fringe case that only a very limited number of users would want.

The opinions in this thread don’t seem like shaming anyone but rather simply explain why this request seems like a fringe case that very few (if any) users would really achieve a tangible benefit from. I explained in my first comment why I genuinely believe that to be the case. Therefore, as a user I would prefer that developers focus their time and efforts on other upgrades instead. That is simply my personal opinion which I am entitled to voice (as long as I can make a reasoned argument for why I believe that). Equally, if others feel differently they are perfectly entitled to put forward their reasoning for why the feature would be beneficial. Based on the input from as many users as possible the developers can form an opinion on the priority of any request.

The number of users who feel a request is worth supporting or otherwise is a potential indicator of whether a request has any mainstream appeal. Other than the OP only 9 people have expressed an opinion on this (and two of these are from Kemper), with only two saying they would support the feature. Even those two people say they “don’t particularly need” or “it doesn’t bother me as much as it used to” so not exactly screaming for the feature to be added.

I still stand by my my original reasoning for why it isn’t appropriate in the Kemper scenario.

Well, of course we use our ears, I would like to have a reference, or indicator anyway. I think most people would. If not, why would manufactures even add numbers or even slots on the front of amps?

The difference between a physical amp pot and a digital continuous rotary encoder with a stored setting is an apple to oranges comparison. Physical amps have numbers as a basic quick reference to remember general tones and get back in the basic area quickly. Digital amps like the Kemper have saved rigs to,do the same thing.

I certainly am not trying to shame anyone or belittle the OP in any way. Merely expressing my personal opinion on the matter of whether I would like to see valuable resources devoted to this request over some of the other requests that still haven’t been delivered.

• G String

Changed the title of the thread from “We really need the display values on the screen for Bass, Mid and Treb present all the time on the Kemper Rack or power Rack since these do not have LED's.” to “We really need the display values on the screen for Bass, Mid and Treb”.
  • gat2112

Changed the title of the thread from “We really need the display values on the screen for Bass, Mid and Treb” to “We really need the display values for Bass, Mid and Treb to be seen in Performance mode.”.
  • It not meaningless. Sometimes I don't trust my ears! The way things sound can change from day to day, or even how I feel! It would be great to have the values displayed AS A REFERENCE POINT.

• gat2112

Changed the title of the thread from “We really need the display values for Bass, Mid and Treb to be seen in Performance mode.” to “We really need the display values for Bass, Mid and Treb displayed in Performance mode. It would really be nice, even as a reference point.”.
  • Maybe when pressing the now obsolete EQ button they could be showed without having to touch the dials first?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• G String

Changed the title of the thread from “We really need the display values for Bass, Mid and Treb displayed in Performance mode. It would really be nice, even as a reference point.” to “We really need the display values for Bass, Mid and Treb displayed in Performance mode”.
  • To me this is like needing a thermometer to tell if your cold or hot. If you want to improve your tone, develop your ears not your sight.

Thermometer? Sometimes when your sick and running a fever, you feel cold. Anyway, like I said, Sometimes I don't trust my ears! The way things sound can change from day to day, or even how I feel! It would be great to have the values displayed AS A REFERENCE POINT.

• It not meaningless. Sometimes I don't trust my ears! The way things sound can change from day to day, or even how I feel! It would be great to have the values displayed AS A REFERENCE POINT.

The problem with Kemper tonestack's settings at zero is that it doesn't provide any information. I mean, an amp can be profiled with Bass at 2, Mid at 1 and Treble at 7.

The same amp can be profiled with B@7; M@8 and T@2 --> in each case, tone stack will be at zero for every values.... It's just to tell there's a starting point and users have (or not) played with that....You've got NO original amp reference point...

This is the reason why you have to trust in your ears and set the sound like you want, and why many advice to browse rigs till you find one that you like or close to your liking.

• I’m not sure why so many people insist on telling the OP why they’re ‘wrong’ for wanting this. That they’re ’doing it wrong’.

They want it….you don’t.

So what?

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Yeah. The "use your ear" argument is equally valid/invalid for most other parameters. Gain, phaser manual, chorus depth. You name it.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• how can it be invalid?
    the 'secret' to good tone, mixing or even sound design has always been to really listen first.

True. But we use your wonderful products in so many situations where you can't trust your ears. Or don't have time to. Sometimes your drummer asks you to add a bit of top end, and then you know that typically means adding 0.3. And then it is helpful to see the starting point without having to move the dial first. Please just acknowledge that people have different needs. Please :)

• True. But we use your wonderful products in so many situations where you can't trust your ears. Or don't have time to. Sometimes your drummer asks you to add a bit of top end, and then you know that typically means adding 0.3. And then it is helpful to see the starting point without having to move the dial first. Please just acknowledge that people have different needs. Please :)

This is exactly what i don't catch !

If you see already the screen with values and see that the top end is at 0.6, do you turn towards the drummer and say him : "i won't change anything cause i've already pushed this parameter" ? Or you turn the button to cut the mix ?

• I’m not sure why so many people insist on telling the OP why they’re ‘wrong’ for wanting this. That they’re ’doing it wrong’.

They want it….you don’t.

So what?

It's not a question of wrong or right....

The OP seems young in Kemperworld, i just wanted to explain that the triple zero settings means nothing ; it just indicates that there was no change after profiling....

If i say : i've got my rig set at B-3; M+1 and T@+0.5, does it mean you can take any rig and set it that way ? NO, i'll be asked quickly what rig amoung the thousands that exist i talk about. I can have a rig with those settings ans applicate the same to the next one, it will be awful.

At the opposite, if i use a Kemper effect, i can tell how i set it and everybody will be able to reproduce exactly the same thing....

I'm just asking to understand added value and telling how it works....

There are a lot of things i don't use in Kemper but i understand what it was integrated for....

• But he’s not new. He’s been on this forum since 2021.

Regardless of what four zeros mean (B, M, T, P), the OP would like to see their values. It’s no more complicated than that. He’s said nothing about comparing them to other rigs.

Just that they’d like to see them.

It’s like asking “Why do you need a new guitar? You have so many?”

“Need” has nothing to do with it. Want, however?

“But it makes no sense.”

So? Your (my….anyone else’s) understanding (or lack thereof) is irrelevant. I want it.

• This is exactly what i don't catch !

If you see already the screen with values and see that the top end is at 0.6, do you turn towards the drummer and say him : "i won't change anything cause i've already pushed this parameter" ? Or you turn the button to cut the mix ?

I like to be able to see it without moving anything, the same way I like to see the leds around the gain knob. It's really that simple. So if something sounds/is off I can see at a glance what it might be. Not trying to convince you to feel the same way by any means.

• I like to be able to see it without moving anything, the same way I like to see the leds around the gain knob. It's really that simple. So if something sounds/is off I can see at a glance what it might be. Not trying to convince you to feel the same way by any means.

The parrallel with fixed gain's leds is interesting, i can understand ! :thumbup:

• I like to be able to see it without moving anything, the same way I like to see the leds around the gain knob. It's really that simple. So if something sounds/is off I can see at a glance what it might be. Not trying to convince you to feel the same way by any means.

Thank you! You get it! I can't trust my ears all the time. Its that damn thing called ear fatigue. Having the values or the references values for the EQ make it more easier to tell if something is off in my amp or it its just me!

• Hack to get this:

Press the amp button to activate the controls.

Page 3 displays all four parameters. The screen persists even when you change rigs or complete performances.