Kemper Player - effects options

• Does anyone know if & when additional effects might come to the Player? Has there been any suggestion of this?

The initial choice of just 3 delays and 4 distortions is a bit limiting especially when I already own a rack.

The Android app lists all effects - it works with something other than just the Player presumably?

I can live with the reduced number of blocks (vs a Stomp or ToneX) but is this a future possibility? Appreciate portability comes at a cost just weighing up the significant pros & cons against the competition.

• Rig Manager on mobile has been available for some time now. It works with the Player, Stage and the Head/Rack if outboard gear is used.

The 7 new effects incoming will be added to the Player. Beyond that its all speculation.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Ruefus can you elaborate on that information and tell us what you know and the source of your knowledge.

Not implying that i doubt your words, i am interested to learn what you know, please. thanks

No problem.

It’s in here:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Thanks Ruefus . I had skipped through that video and assumed it didn't apply to the Player. Some nice stuff but I feel I may miss some of the long established Distortions and Delays from the Rack. Yet reading the manual seems to suggest that "all" the parameters are available to match specific effect types that don't actually list as a specific type? Is that anything like right?

I'm auditioning all options for a portable (12v or less) and each has it's drawbacks but the Kemper's amp models still stack up well.

• ….and he states in the video that the Player gets it.

Here is the clip where he confirms the Player gets the update:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• - yeah nice additions in that video.

But how about the missing delays and distortions? Is there an effective workaround with additional parameters that seem to have been included with the Single, 2 tap & Legacy models? That might easily provide enough scope to get the same approximate result even if it wouldn't directly translate from a full Profiler?

I'll likely buy one because the Bluetooth app will work well for me in my use case but it would be good to fully understand the quite reasonable limitations that apply.

• I'll likely buy one because the Bluetooth app will work well for me in my use case but it would be good to fully understand the quite reasonable limitations that apply.

there is no Bluetooth app for the Player. The mobile version of Rig Manager requires a wifi connection. Bluetooth is only for audio transmission between an external device and the Player.

• But how about the missing delays and distortions? Is there an effective workaround with additional parameters that seem to have been included with the Single, 2 tap & Legacy models? That might easily provide enough scope to get the same approximate result even if it wouldn't directly translate from a full Profiler?

the Player offers a limited selection of effects compared to the other models. There are no additional parameters that would allow you to recreate the exact same settings.

• the Player offers a limited selection of effects compared to the other models. There are no additional parameters that would allow you to recreate the exact same settings.

I think partly what confused me is the (wifi) app in demo mode listing all options that won't be available from a Player.

Fortunately for me at least I have a H9 if I need more post rig effects.

Appreciate the reply.

• ^ yes, what Job Posthuma says - even if a charge strategy hasn't really been considered yet it would be useful to find out what capabilities there are in the Player - could it support another FX block? Could it support one of the enhanced Delay blocks? Or is it processor limited? Or limited by available development time?

No promises (we don't need to go down the NDSP route... :D ) but be very interesting to see where it could go.