Slayed - Hard Rock Ballad

• I'm pretty happy how this one came out except for my vocals which I deleted and probably for good. I think MuddySludge is going to help me find a vocalist. ;)

The song is about a non-descript soldier who dies in the line of duty.

I put more "soul" into the drums and into the solo. I breathed and relaxed more during the tracking. I also feel like I am finally getting close to some pro sounding tones that can finally move me out of amatuer land. Main riff and rhythm was on my new G&L Tele.

BTW, I should be finished with all the acoustic panels and bass traps for the studio in a week or so. And then I can just enjoy it all.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• The tones are definitely a big move in the right direction and the riffs, arrangement and layering are getting more sophisticated. Aw I wouldn't give up on your vocals, the journey is the good bit where inspiration will flow, but of course your call as to what your own goals are.

• Thanks Per ! It's so funny that learning to play guitar, bass, drums, and piano is easier than learning to sing at the proper pitch without sounding like I am gargling mouthwash.

Thanks waraba ! I take the Rush comps all day long! I really got the Tele to learn some country songs. I was pleasantly surprised to get that hard rock tone out of it.

• Thanks Mats_Nermark ! I hope the next one's will also show improvements.

I've been on that tele for the last 3 weeks. I'm really drawn to it's tone. Trying to figure out what it can't do. :)

• I've been away from the forum for a minute....I have to say you have come a long way in a short time! Not just your playing but your composition as well. Keep it up!

Thanks so much. Your comment truly means a lot and will continue to inspire me.