Kemper sounds “thin” and “simulator-alike” through Xlr to FOH

• I own a Kemper profiler head and to active Kemper cabinets. When we rehearse with the band, I use the cabinets, and it sounds great. When playing live, going out through xlr LR and intro FOH, which is the purpose with the Kemper, it sounds “thin” or not like a real amp. I haven’t turned cabinet-sim off on the front or in the outputsection. I really hope, that someone can help me, as we have 50 jobs ahead of us this year, and I would like to have the issue solved asap. For now, our FOH-guy mics up my active cabinets, which is only a temporary solution.

Best regards

Jesper

• Check what’s being sent from the main outs.

System button - page 1 - main output.

If you’re running mono, it should be master mono. Master Stereo for, y’know….stereo.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Check what’s being sent from the main outs.

System button - page 1 - main output.

If you’re running mono, it should be master mono. Master Stereo for, y’know….stereo.

Thanks Ruefus. Everything looks right there though.

• When this has happened to me it has usually been because the FOH desk was receiving the signal on a Mic Level input and the KPA was overloading the mic preamp. With cheaper desks the mic pre is often automatically engaged when using an XLR connection but on more pro level desks this is typically switchable. On desks with automatic mic pre I have to use an XLR to TS or TRS to make sure the mic pre is kept out of the signal path.