Propaganda everywhere

• Here is my latest : a rock track & a didactic part ( 2nd half )

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

some useful facts on the 2nd part:

There are only 4 parts on 7 tracks here :

drums / bass / cleans git_doubled / heavy git_doubled

post FX was removed , so you get the RAW signal : My KPA Alice in Mars profile set on cleans & a killer JCM800 NAM model

I removed heavy vs clean & made them reappear for the listener to discover the underlying harmonies , both on the double stops of the heavy parts vs the arpeggios (mainly triads ) of the cleans and how they counterpoint to the bass & vs each other. I really swear by these dyads ( or double stops) , they really rock while being easier to mix than classic 5ths power chords.

the bass is either on the tonic or following the harmony

And yes I broke one of my beloved Dugain wood pick , replaced a few days later for free by M. Dugain himself.

• It's a wall of tone, Renaud! 8)

On your doubles, do you play over the same track in the same stereo field or separate them a bit. Like , first track is panned hard at 100% and the doubling track is panned the same. Or do you pan the doubling track to like 90%, etc?

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• On your doubles, do you play over the same track in the same stereo field or separate them a bit. Like , first track is panned hard at 100% and the doubling track is panned the same. Or do you pan the doubling track to like 90%, etc?

depends on the track but I often pan clean arp & chords to 100/100 while heavy stuff , PM & so 75 to 25 , most of the time 50 , all natural tracking