Custom Tone Stack

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Stage

It would be nice to have an advanced mode where we could customize the Amp's tone stack. Maybe even allow it to be used for custom liquid profiles.
    I've gone through all of the 40ish amp models and measured their tone stacks searching for something similar to an odd-ball amp I use. What I found is that almost all the Fenders are identical, and a lot of the "rock" amps are super similar. But none are close enough to use on my odd-ball amp. The only way I can achieve anything close is if I drop in a studio EQ block and match my low/mid/high EQ's to that.

It would be super cool if I could customize an amp model's tone stack and even select a gain behavior from some choices. Wouldn't this allow the Kemper then to basically be like creating "new" unique amps that don't exist otherwise? Could help keep Kemper above modeling amps if you could create new amps with it. Just a thought.

This is the measurement of my odd-ball preamp. It has a knee on the low and high that doesn't quite match anything in the list of amps, and a wide mid center at 600Hz, where others are mostly higher in freq.

• What is the Odd Ball amp you are referring to?

I’m also not totally sure what I’m looking at in the graph. Passive tonestacks like almost every valve amp ever made are highly interactive. The position of the Treble pot affects the performance of the Bass and Mids. The position of the Bass knob affects the performance or Treble and mids etc. what does the frequency plot represent in this example (ie where are the other knobs when each is at 0 or 10)?

• The odd ball amp is a BK Butler RT922.

What you're looking at is the unit setup as a piece of wire first, flat response with all knobs at 12o'clock.

Then each knob is turned to min and max, 0 or 10 one at a time, then returning it to 12o'clock. Lows are blue, mids are Red, highs are yellow.

I did this same exercise with each Kemper Amp and measured them all to see if any were closely similar to this one, so I could possibly use it on top of my profile.

• I like your idea.

Would be nice for Bass players, because there are no tone stacks of bass amps 🥲