Is it possible to lock the Reverb on Kemper Player?

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Player

Is it possible to lock the Reverb on Kemper Player so when I audition amps/cabs it stays the same?

• Go to Best Answer
    • New
    • Best Answer

My understanding is that the lock function is not currently supported on the Player.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• The Player supports locking for Volume Pedal and Tempo, not for effect modules nor input section.

Thanks for clarifying that Burkhard. It would be fantastic to see the full locking functionality from the big brothers added. Like many people I typically use at least on or two FX which are consistent to every (or at least the vast majority) of rigs. In my case this is Wah and Reverb. I don’t use much reverb ever but like to have just a touch of room ambience all the time.

Another reason the lock function is super useful is for auditioning rigs. I want to know what the core Amp/Cab sounds is like and compare these in a like for like fashion. When auditioning say a Marshall JMP from several sources the core of the rig is often completely obliterated by the wash of FX that some profilers use. Therefore , I typically Lock All but Amp and Cabinet when trying rigs. This is fine for those of us with both a traditional KPA and a Player as we can audition everything using the big KPA before transferring the final selection to the Player but if I only had the Player it would be a real nuisance constantly turning FX on and off and having to save the rigs in the FX off state to be able to A/B them.

• Thank You. Hopefully it can be added in the future for the reasons Wheresthedug mentions. I used to have the toaster, switched over to Fractal, still have the FM9, and wanted something smaller even still. Bought and return a UAD Dream. I'm glad I tried this because I still have the profiles I purchased before and it sounds as good as I remember. Glad to be back on board with the Kemper product. The company was always good to me and even after using the Fractal stuff I've had nothing but good things to say about Kemper.

• G String

Closed the thread.