Tuner on Rig Manager

• if you work in the studio the profiler is usually located far away and you edit through rig manager.

so before moving on to recording, being able to check the tuning directly from the rig manager would be super convenient
    :thumbup:

Edited 2 times, last by LabKemp ().

• Of course I would like to have the tuner in RM but don’t forget that most DAWs actually have a tuner built in which is often an even better option.

When recording I tend to have RM open but in the background as it is more important to have access to the DAW controls and tracks area than to edit a sound in RM (once you have selected the rig for the take you are recording). Therefore, accessing the Tuner in RM would mean bringing RM to the front, tuning, then bringing the DAW to the front. Using the DAW tuner removes all of this and just leaves the tuner always visible.

Don’t get me wrong, im not saying that i don’t want RM to show the tuner (better to have it and not use it than not have it an need it) but I think some of the logic for the tuner requirement when recording is questionable at best.

• Wheresthedug
    and if you only have access to rig manager, for example from your tab?

or if you don't have access to the DAW?

I was referring to the comment that “if you work in the studio” and also several comments about “when recording”. In those cases you have access to the DAW. That’s the definition of recording in the digital world. In my opinion the need for a tuner in RM is massively overrated due to faulty logic in this particular situation. I believe many people who are asking for a tuner in RM for recording haven’t thought through the workflow adequately and would be better served using the DAW tuner.

However, I am not denying that there may also be situations where a tuner in RM could be useful therefore “better to have it and not use it than need it and not have it”. Which is why I would also be happy to see the tuner added to RM, I’m just not losing any sleep over it.