Clipping sound on most presets

• Just got a kemper amp, it does sound great, but I've noticed most rigs seem to have a quite noticeable amount of a sort of clicky noise when I play, after a bit of fiddling I've found that it seems to happen when the pick attack control is anywhere other than zero, will try to post some clips later. Is this unusual? Is it possible that I would have got a bad unit?

• Have you adjusted the clean sense in the input menu? Input and output leds should never turn red.

Welcome, btw.. :thumbup:

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• At the moment it's just guitar - kemper - studio monitors (event alp-5) but I also hear it with my headphones (akg k702). I'll try to record something today after I get back from rehearsals around 4pm, thanks for your help though its appreciated.

• Just got a kemper amp, it does sound great, but I've noticed most rigs seem to have a quite noticeable amount of a sort of clicky noise when I play, after a bit of fiddling I've found that it seems to happen when the pick attack control is anywhere other than zero, will try to post some clips later. Is this unusual? Is it possible that I would have got a bad unit?

If everything is fine exept when Pick is not at zero, then leave it at zero.
    It is the nature of the Pick parameter to alter the sound and emphasize the Pick.

• Thanks for replying Mr Kemper (and everyone else), it's really impressive that the designer of a product takes the time to read questions like this on forums and try to help out! I've finally got round to doing a few clips of the noise my amp makes.

In both of these clips:

Clean sens = 0
    Dist sens = -5

No noise gate

No clipping anywhere, both lights are green

First one recorded with pick = 0, second one pick = 5 to exaggerate the noise...

No clipping anywhere in signal chain, it also sounds the same through monitors and headphones. I recorded it with a duet 2 in logic.

The first one might not sound too bad but it's very distracting when playing, the gain on the patch is 0, I can get the same sound if I put pretty much any patch gain down to 0...

http://snd.sc/PkqBWB
    http://snd.sc/PkqEBF

If anyone has any ideas that would be great, the amp does sound amazing but this is kind of stopping me doing any proper stuff with it at the moment, I'm sure it's either me doing something stupid or that there is something wrong with this particular amp as I've heard some incredible sounding clean clips...

• Hi cnof, and welcome. Are you running the profile alone or do you have Stomps/FX active? What value the Clean sense is set to? What guitar/pups are you using? How are you monitoring?

Sorry for the questions but is the only way to understand where the culprit is..... ;)

Cheers

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I hear a kind of zipper noise on the attacks of the second clip.
    My Profilers never did that, even with Pick @+5.
    Could it be you're clipping the interface that connects the Profiler to your computer/monitors? That would be the most logical explanation.

anyway, please send me one of the offending rigs (contact me via pm, please)
    or, if it is a stock factory rig, let me know which one(s).

thanks

• Yes I can hear this too though not on the attacks of the notes it's more on the decay and not on all the notes played...I have been hearing similar on clean profiles.I thought it was just noise poking through on the note decays but it does sound very similar to this.Again reduced all the vols to keep the LEDs in the green and checked the clean sense.would be interested to find out what this is?

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't