TheAmpFactory ROCKPACK!

• Hi Andy,

just got the Rockpack! I have to say: :D !
    Some great and fat tones you delivered there. Can you tell me more about your ideas for the sounds? It´s clear what you had in mind with profiles like "The Who?" or "Early Zep Studio". Some thoughts on the other profiles? Do you optimize profiles for special guitars, like the vox for a single coil guitar or the bluesbreaker for a gibson? And is there a specific reason why you place an flat eq with that 2.9dB boost in the X-Slot?

So many questions and so many thanks!

• Hey flitz,

Actually i did all thease profiles with a les paul, they work with singles also but needs a bitbof tweeking to gain and perhaps the highs but thats all subjective.

The x slot eq is just for a boost, mostly for solo play i just always have it there for when i play live and is always part of my profile template. Its midi assignable on my board. But that wont carry the midi data over in the profiles unfortunatly.

I just prefer the eq booster rather than an actual booster, reason is i can make changes on the fly if i have too at the venue..

Its also fun changing the cabs around with somev of the profiles. The best thing about the kemper, possibilities are endless!

• Yeah it is!. and yes in my next full Budnle pack #4, going to do the Lazy J project first, with Jessee (the owner)

Bought the pack and tried the Selmer Rigs (Zeppelin) and I'm thrilled! I changed the cab to my magic greenback and switched all stomps and FX off and listened to the raw amp tone. I am now officially convinced that the theory of Kossoff playing a Selmer on the "Allright Now" solo is true. The amp has a very distinctive percussive attack that I never found elsewhere. Vintage Marshalls do have a percussive quality as well (given you have a good Les Paul which is essential for the "quack"). But the attack of the Selmer is slightly different from a Marshall and I think that's the key to this sound. The few youtube-videos of that amp already indicated that but now that I'm playing that amp as a profile myself I know it is true.

I couldn't completely nail it since the raw amp profile would need a bit more (amp)gain, but apart from that, it's nearly there!

So if you do the complete amp, with a bit more gain and a vintage greenback cab instead of the 4x8" it should sound exactely like Kossoff on that famous number.

• which cabs have you used??

• Real great work for this bundle Andy!

All sounding very good, as always ...

Just for today ... I'm still astonished by the Valveking profiles, how it matched perfectly my Tele pickup this morning :)

Actually I was doing some recording this morning for a local band, and I used a tele also with that profile rolled the tone knob down fully, and used the neck pup, and had a very eerie type of eric Johnson sort of tone, added some pre delay to the verb and some fast delay repeats.. - was a fun morning..

• Bought this and put it through its paces this week. Wonderful sounds so far. Beautifully thick top end from the gear you put in the signal chain. Can't wait for the full bluesbreaker profile. Love those amps. I don't really play bogners much but spent all evening working with the bogner solo tone...very smooth!

Great work all around.

• Just my personal preference, but I'm not a fan of the rock pack.. I've purchased a bunch of andys stuff and found I end up using his raw profiles of amps like the, Evil Robot, HIwatt dr109 and jcm 800 much more than the full signal chain rock pack versions.. Add a few basic plugins after the raw profiles, and in a mix, the sound is awesome (and much more adjustable with amp designed DAW plugins).. I understand the rock pack is a full studio signal chain in a box and convent as hell for some applications, but I get more value out the raw amp captures.. Personally, I wouldn't buy the rock pack if I had it over again if I knew I was recording into a DAW. The amp factorys vintage bundle is killer (love it and recommend it!) and I've bought and use a good few of Andy's other profiles constantly, but the rock pack didn't float my boat.. All just my opinion though.. Not trying to start a war... :)