New to Kemper / Mayones - Seymour Duncan - Keith Merrow contest

• Hi everyone !

I'm new to Kemper as one of my friends allowed me to borrow his Kemper for tests and recording a clip for Mayones - Seymour Duncan - Keith Merrow's guitar contest and damn this thing sounds huge !
    I was using a pretty similar system from another company lately but this little toolbox is just amazing and easy to use. I own a Mesa Boogie Mark V (with a Roadster 4x12 cab) and i use to record it through different mics and i have to say that the Kemper mimics my amp (and many more) so well that i think it's the perfect weapon for recording nice and easy with a professional sound. Gonna be the owner of that beast in a few months, as soon as i'll sell my other system.

Btw here's the video of my participation to the contest, using a Mark V based mod w/ internal Reverb and Tap Delay. Hope you'll enjoy this

;)

Hope to join private section really soon !

• Thanks ;)

True, there's not such a thing at that level of quality and with that much features inside, that's why i'm hunting for one ! :D

I've been using a T****do from "you know, the french company" to make it clear.

Damn can't wait to get my Kemper !

• Hehe, thanks. Well, i'm glad i'm not the owner of a lunchbox yet, patience pays ! I think i'll get a Kemper rack as soon as it's out, that was all i expected from it !

By the way, we'll be using Kemper for the second album of our band Diluvian which will come out this year, here's "Epidemic", our first full length album : http://www.deezer.com/album/678498

• Well, being 61 years old and having grown up with Hendrix, The Cream, and a host of great 60s groups, I'm not much into death metal. That said, I actually liked the music I just sampled from your group. The big disconnect for me are the vocals. If I listened to that late at night I'd never get to sleep! :S

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Hehe, well, i understand ;)
    Death metal is a pretty specific genre, not everyone likes it of course and i understand vocals might feel too much for some but thanks for taking some time to check it out.

Funny thing is that i'm playing a lot of blues (Gary Moore is one of my favorite guitarist of all times), jazz, fusion, progressive rock / metal (Rush, Marillion, Dream Theater)...etc, and not that much death metal but i still think it's a really nice pot to melt all sort of influences : you can go across any kind of emotions, include parts of any other genre, use any groove, any signature, any instrument (recorded cello lately for a thrash - death metal band)... My students always say "when are you making some rock or blues instead of that brutal thing ?", that's just because i can go anywhere, anytime without feeling stuck in scales / licks that are too "cliché".

Our second album is gonna be much more focused on climates, much more "progressive" and technical, can't wait to share it :)

• I'll keep my Torpedo i guess and try to make some profiles with "no cab" and using the brutal cab sim from "The french company" 8)

Btw, how do i get access to private section ?