The first Atomic CLR test from a KPA user ?

• @ CLR-Owners: Do you have the same impression like me, that you have to use a post-stack-low-pass on almost every gainy rig? It seems to me, that the CLR has so much very high frequencies, it simply sounds better with a low pass behind the stack (less hiss/fizz). On clean rigs everything works fine without a low pass. What do you think about it? How do you cope with it?

Playing on your own the treble can be quite prominent, remember you play a close-miced mic aimed at your face (I have the wedge).
    But in a band context it's perfect.

• I was on the list from April - got tired of waiting so went for a Dxr10 no regrets here!!!

Yeah.. I think I'm just going to get the Yamaha.. its lighter, can be had for half the price, accepts both 110v and 240v (im possibly moving home shortly) and is instantly available. I trust the objective opinions of some notable forum posters here and after auditioning a dxr10 i have to agree with their observations..

sooo... yeah... im gonna get a DXR10. I have no doubt the CLR is awesome.. but the unknown waiting period and strange void of public updates (on top of my previous personal negatives - weight, power etc) hqve turned m away.. shame though.. I try to go out of my way to support the "small guys" when I can.. but yeah... I think the CLR is beat- before I even got a chance to hear one... :S

• Playing on your own the treble can be quite prominent, remember you play a close-miced mic aimed at your face (I have the wedge).
    But in a band context it's perfect.

Thanks Ingolf! More opinions out there?

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• I was on the list from April - got tired of waiting so went for a Dxr10 no regrets here!!!

I also got tired waiting for a response so i bought a Mackie HD1221 in the weekend, on monday
    the long awaited e-mail from Atomic showed up :pinch:

I guess it will be a while before i get to try a CLR..

Anyway, this weekend i tried Mackie DLM12 and HD1221 and went home with the HD1221.
    I didnt get to spend enough time with either of them but both sounded good, the DLM
    sounded slightly boxy probably due to the plastic enclosure.
    The HD has excellent clarity and punch and looks awesome with KPA on top and also works
    great as a floor monitor.

• "What were you monitoring on before?"

Mostly my Samson Resolv powered studio monitors

I had tried JBL, Mackie and Yorkville powered monitors, a Fender FM212R (poweramp section), Poweramp (not tube) and cab, and a variety of tube combos.

It was hard to try some of the more recommended FRFR monitors here and I didn't want to buy one just to try it so I went for what I thought would be the best and so far glad I did.

Nice form factor too, heavy but manageable.

• Recieved the DXR10 the other day and after a few sessions with it I'm jumping on the bandwagon. It really seems to be a fantastic pairing with the Kemper. The best "at volume" powered speaker I've heard for the KPA to date. The negatives: I'm not blown away with it for acoustic guitar and vocals. It does the job and is more than useable, but overall, its sound seems to lack the "depth" of some other powered speakers I've used... I guess this is what makes it mesh so well with the Kemper??

Anyway.. I'm keeping the tiny, light, surprisingly loud (and cheap!) dxr10 and will email atomic to be removed from the reserve list.

Oh, and a thank you goes out to the forum for the DXR recommendation. You guys saved me quite a few $$ - IMO the DXR10 totally lives up to the praises its been receiving for KPA use!

• Good for you :thumbup: I haven't seen a used one yet. I've been on the list for awhile, but Tom assures me It won't be long now/

Thanks guy!

I was lucky that a local guitar forum member had decided to go stereo but couldn't afford 2 CLRs.

I'd originally put my email in to Atomic for a wedge but glad now that I got this straight 1X12 cab...much more useful to me.

Another reason I went for the Atomic was the GREAT customer support I got from Tom King when I had an Atomic Reactor cab...he went to great lengths to help me out.

Still, the CLR is exactly what I expected it to be and I can't waIt to gig with it.

• I gotta say again big +1 for Mike AUDIOPYLE!! :thumbup: I can't tell you how much you will love the DXR10's. With all of the audiophiles out here I may not have the right to say this but, the DXR's were the first monitors that brought an extreme amount of separation between the other IMHO. And good lord, as much time as I hope it's ok for that old bar or festival stage I'm playing.. :D Boys I can assure the sounds I'm putting out now sound better than all my Egnaters, Marshalls and Fenders did with a rack full of toys...I'm happy happy happy with the Yammies! :thumbup: