KPA related feelings and toughts after 7 months of intensive using

• First off all I must to say, that this is the best community on the net. Maybe because of this sites administrators, moderators, or maybe it,s because of Mr. Kemper, but I think that first and foremost cause is the users admiration caused by the sound of this magical sounding wonderbox, called KPA.
    You must to know, that this is the first forum, where i,m writing my opinions. I have used all kind of staffs before, from roland, fractal, rogerlinn to line6 and I have read a lot about them on different forums, but I never write a word about my experiences regarding them....

Here, on this forum, I see a lot of threads about the sound copying quality of KPA. I must to say, that in my opinion they are going on a totally wrong direction.
    The KPA it,s not only a machine, for make a lot of exact copyies from differents amps sounds with some inuman parameters like graphic equalizer chart and so on....
    ........First of all it,s about playing on Your guitar and make great music with the most beautifull guitarsound arsenal, generating pleasure for the listeners and for the player too.

I,m not interested if my Marshall, Fender, Mesa sounds are 100% matching with the original.
    For me it,s most important to have that feeling what I have, when I,m playing on a good tube amp, even if it is a "no name one"....and I can tell You, that somehow Mr. Kemper has succesfully realised to convince me with the Kemper Profiling Amp.
    I can,t talk and think about graphics, parameters, frequencies when I,m playing on my KPA. This little magic box it,s about music. It can transmite my feelings and playing like a good tube amp, maybe one of the bests...And this is the most important for me.

I,ve realised that at a point, with a little tweaking almost every profile can sound exceptional. Maybe in the real world of phisicians, electronists and other kind of exact scientists and bookmans it,s not perfect, (because it,s not make exact clones after the originals, only 80-90% identicals,)
    but in my guitar dependent mind, hearth and soul I know that I,ve found the perfect sounding amp, because it,s responding to my playing like the finest tube amps which I have or I have tryied.

For me, my Kemper Profiling Amp it,s not a computer, or an amp simulator (like the other was before) with some effects. It,s the perfect sounding musical instrument for deserving creativity.
    That,s it.
    Thanks to Mr. Kemper :)

Nagy Tivadar, happy KPA owner

• The KPA it,s not only a machine, for make a lot of exact copyies from differents amps sounds with some inuman parameters like graphic equalizer chart and so on....
    ........First of all it,s about playing on Your guitar and make great music with the most beautifull guitarsound arsenal, generating pleasure for the listeners and for the player too.

I,m not interested if my Marshall, Fender, Mesa sounds are 100% matching with the original.
    For me it,s most important to have that feeling what I have, when I,m playing on a good tube amp,

Well said, I agree.

The Kemper is an amp in it's own right...if someone says the Kemper has it's own signature tone & feel, then I say that's great news because it's one hell of a great signature tone.

If I play a Fender DR in a music store, and then I play the DrZ that's sitting next to the Fender DR, they sound different, but I could tweak them to sound pretty much the same, or I can just enjoy both of them because they both feel and sound great with their individual signature tones.

Take a listen to David Torn's sound clips, who knows or cares what Profiles he used, I think he took a stock Fender DR Profile, created an incredible piece of music, and turned the DR Profile into an extraordinary hybrid tube tone.

• While I agree its important that it inspires, I feel that it's far more critical that the kemper does what it sets out to do, which is to accurately profile a given signal chain and amp. If it doesn't do that then it's of far less use in a studio, and if its not used in the studio then it wont receive the support that it needs from the professional community. There are after all lots of amps and amp sims that are fun and inspirational to play and sound good already that are far cheaper.

• While I agree its important that it inspires, I feel that it's far more critical that the kemper does what it sets out to do, which is to accurately profile a given signal chain and amp. If it doesn't do that then it's of far less use in a studio, and if its not used in the studio then it wont receive the support that it needs from the professional community.

Sorry, Per, I have to disagree.

The majority of Kempers that I've sold were to full time professional studio engineers/musicians that make their daily living doing commercial TV/Radio recordings, recording bands, and always finding the odd hour here and there to record & work on their own albums.
    Not one of them has made a Profile of the amps they have in the studio.
    Most just use stock Kemper Profiles, they have no time to get into the science of it all, they find a tone that works and they press record.

One user, Andy Innes, a member here, made a Profile of his Mesa Roadster the same day he got his Kemper more than a year ago.
    No fancy process, SM57, Profile done, changed cab to Till's Mesa cab, and toured the USA, Canada, and France using the one Mesa Profile, and the stock Kemper AC30 Top Boost Profile...that's it, one Profile made in a year and the best live tone he's had in 20 years of touring the world.

• Hi
    im new with Kemper since 5 days and i have to say,
    its makes a real lot of fun playing with it.
    This is maybe the only machine with feeling, so much fun
    to play.
    i have many vintage original amps around here, and at first
    i was very double minded and thought it could not be that
    this kitchen radio sound like a vibrolux, but even with headphones
    i strat playing and see tha i dont stop after hours, cause its so much fin and magic,
    and i dint even changed the rig, dialed in the Vibrolux and played.
    exellent, thank you for that.
    and thanks to all and specially and44 for supplying excellent
    real life profiles