Perform Mode, and a few questions from a novice

• Hello All,

I am an Old-School player (been playing tube amps for 45 years and got tired of the wear and tear on my body), so I recently bought a KPA and had have a few questions:

1) Is there any proposed release date for updating the "Perform Mode" so it can actually be used?

2) I bought a Yamaha MFC-10 midi controller and would appreciate any tips for setting-up this unit for controlling the KPA. Also, since I can return this device if necessary, I was wondering are there any better units out there for controlling the KPA? Also, any projected release date on the Kemper midi controller?

3) I'm also very interested in input in using a FRFR system with the KPA and any input/advice would be appreciated. I just purchased a Mackie DLM12 and was wondering if anyone else has used this unit? If anyone has suggestions for alternatives in this regard, please "pipe-in" as well.

Thanks All

Edited 2 times, last by gman1951 ().

• Welcome to the forum! (Sort of) Answers in bold below.

• I use Yamaha DRX10's 2 of them and they are truly awesome!!!!

• The Rep let me try the MackieDLM12 at home. Rehearsal got cancelled that week so I couldn't try it with the band. But I liked it alot. I was able to plug my GR55 in along with My kemper and it seem to hold up very wall. And loud. I think that's probably going to be my choice very soon. I want to try the Atomic CLM and the Yamaha DRX10's first though

• I got a qsc k10 and love it. It's flat at low and higher volumes, light weight at 32 pounds. Sweet water recommended this over the k12, which would have cost more. The 10 inch has a wider dispersion than the 12, so that's a good thing in my opinion. You can lay it flat like a monitor, stand up straight and point towards audience with as much volume a you'll ever need with plenty of clean headroom (its 1000 watts) or even pole mount it. The sweetater folks said I'd only benefit from the k12 if I was doing a lot of bass heavy seven string metal stuff, otherwise I'd be wasting money on something that weighs more.

• I had the Yamaha mfc and I think it's a very good controller.
    But I'd choose a fc which might save the led status in order to match the profile in the kpa, like the midi mate (but keep in mind that you have to save them manually, since at the moment there's no two way communication.

• Hello all, first post from a perspective Kpa buyer. Currently trying to sell gear to foot the bill. I know the performance mode doesn't have a release date but I wondered if it will be a "firmware" update or is it something that will not be on the KPA if I purchase it now? Hope I'm making since. Thx in advance

• Perform mode infos on page 39 of the new KPA user manual. :P

Is this the Twilight Zone? 8o
    You have posted this 9 times today in different threads.
    It was always there in the manuals like many already have pointed out for you.

Like guitarnet70 posted in another thread:
    "Here the link to same manual, first version, January 2012, Page 35 instead of 39"
    Manual link.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/712982…ics%20and%20Profiling.pdf