The KPA is Ruining the Old Me

• When I bought the Kemper, I wanted to save space and raise money, so I put up my Marshall for sale and sold my VOX. No problems. I already found rigs that were all over the place for those amps and I loved them.

But my wife said I should sell either my Swart or my Tungsten. Sophie's Choice! So I sold the Swart after profiling it.
    I went through about a week of depression. Then... I got over it. I don't miss it even. I can put on the rig I profiled and it's there. And it's not even my favorite rig.

But I figured "I'm NEVER selling my Tungsten, best amp I ever played"

I haven't played it in 2 months. Yesterday I fired it up to play and... I wasn't blown away.

I am so used to the KPA's ability to give me variety, and a world of tones, that the few tones of just one amp are great but... Ultimately not wowing me.

I am actually thinking of selling it. Me. Without a real amp! The Old Me is gone. What have you done to me CK?!?

Edited once, last by db9091 ().

• Hey db9091, I know what you mean.
    But remember the day you decided to get the KPA, wasn't just the idea "to play all amps without amp" the kick to buy the KPA? 8o
    So why worrying now that the KPA does exactly what we've hoped for? :D
    Ok, like I said before, I understand you - specially when I look at my Marshall, my Vox and my Fender! I couldn't sell these buddies, no, not now! :whistling:
    Sometimes life is bittersweet.

• Yes I understand completely.
    I haven't fired up my Marshall 6100 or Vox AC 30 in a while.

But selling? No way, not now. Amps like these bear value in themselves. Idealistically speaking... :D

Sometimes I'm only looking at them while playing my KPA in my bedroom studio.
    Like a perfect illusion.

Crazy, innit? :D

• First, No product is ever supposed to be like it's advertised. Why IS the Kemper just as advertised? That's not fair.

Second, the Kemper is just supposed to profile an amp, and the Amp is the original source. It should be superior in that it can still be the original source for more amp sounds.

But... I did not think about having so many amp tones, that I'm now spoiled. That realization is rocking my little world.

Yeah, it's great to lose your GAS. To be able to search craiglist like a calm man and not lust for gear. But I didn't expect to be castrated for amp gear! Even my pedal lust is severely hampered now with the KPA and Ultra. I'm like "oh, another OD.. that's nice..."

The only things I seem to have interest in is guitars (although I'm very stocked in that department) and preamps and microphones and DAW plugins (mostly that).

I pine for a U87ai. I pine for a Millennium. I'd like a better MBox I/O for my computer. Perhaps a switch to a Mac desktop. So I still have lusts. But not for amps or pedals.

I like getting an occasional new rig. But I have so many great rigs I'm... just spoiled.

Maybe CK's company should include a section in the manual for helping you through this? ;)

• Yeah i understand your point of view, I didn't plug my guitars to a real tube amp for a looong time ago exept for profiling ...

Real tube amps have some hassles we got rid off with the KPA : warm them up, find the sweet spot ( often at crancked volume) , directional HP instead of stereo image (full range monitors) , buzz ...

Much easier to use the KPA for me, much less tiring for the ears to play at low volume for me, and you can easily swtch the cabs for you beloved amps.

• The only things I seem to have interest in is guitars (although I'm very stocked in that department) and preamps and microphones and DAW plugins (mostly that).

I pine for a U87ai. I pine for a Millennium. I'd like a better MBox I/O for my computer. Perhaps a switch to a Mac desktop. So I still have lusts. But not for amps or pedals

I couldn't agree more. It's purely sentiment that's keeping my Mesa mark IV and 4x12 there. And like you said, I'm using such a variety of different amp profiles not just the Mesa mark ones. I'm not even running through good monitors!

• Do it yourself, it must be quite easy (outer shell is 1 piece). Wood like a Trainwreck would also be sweet.... :love:

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Our lurkers who don't own a KPA might really appreciate a "For Sale" sub forum. :P

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.

• I too have amps that just sit there...my Randall MTS 2 x 12 is used to elevate my Eleven rack (for recording interface) to hold my Kemper at just the right height...I should sell my amps but the weight of the Randall would kill any eBay sales...and I keep buying more guitars...music stores bore me now....CK what have you done to my amp lust....?